We keep getting shocked - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

We keep getting shocked

How am I supposed to put the lovin on my guys if when I pet them we both get zapped with static electricity? Does this happen to anyone else??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 08:19 PM
Cool Cat

This happens to me every winter. Your house/apartment is lacking humidity. If you don't have humidity adjustment at your furnace you may want to look into a portable humidifier.

I'm getting a new furnace installed next month with a new humidifier so hopefully my kitties won't be getting shocked anymore.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 08:36 PM

Me and my kitties have been zapping each other for the last few days as well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richo
This happens to me every winter. Your house/apartment is lacking humidity. If you don't have humidity adjustment at your furnace you may want to look into a portable humidifier.

I'm getting a new furnace installed next month with a new humidifier so hopefully my kitties won't be getting shocked anymore.
I have one of those...unfortunately, Scotty likes to knock the water resevoir off it to lap up the water (EEWWWWW) that is inside the device. But, it doesn't turn out the way he wants it to: he knocks the WHOLE thing over, spilling water on the floor.

*sigh*
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 12:33 PM
Senior Cat

Try to ground yourself before giving the kitties loving. (Touch something metal, like a doorknob or shelving.) It won't stop the static building up while petting, but it will help with the initial shock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 12:51 PM

Yikes! My cat too... only when he's in my room though! I think it has to do with my conforter... but it's nonstop shocks! painfull actually, but he dosen't even seem to nottice! sheesh... do you tink a dryer sheet would work? HAHAHA!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 12:53 PM
Senior Cat

Quote:
do you tink a dryer sheet would work? HAHAHA!
Actually, yes, it would help!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 01:12 PM
Banned

ya, I noticed this last night. Rocket and I play a game where I drag him around in the floor. last night it was on the carpet, and boy was it shocking!! he seemed to like it, though. he's a strange cat

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page