Scully just got back from the groomers! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2004, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Scully just got back from the groomers!

Well after trying to bath Scully and brush out the matts in his fur, I gave up and took him to the groomers. What a nightmare!

We dropped him off at 1 and were told to come back at 3.15 so we come back to find he is still soaking wet - the groomers is in a pet shop and some woman had brought her dog in and it had managed to get into the grooming area (when its owner opened the door to get a better look at the huge cat!) and was barking and yapping, scaring poor Scully.

So naturally the cat is scared and decides to 'relieve himself' and promptly sits in his poop and has to go back into the bath. Then the woman finishes shopping and comes back for another look (with her dog) and Scully pee'd himself and sat in that (he was soooo scared). So the woman who runs the groomer locked the door and managed to finally get him finished without any more 'accidents'.

So 4 hours later - we have him home and he looks great (and has a cool christmas bandana as a gify from the groomer)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2004, 05:34 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
I would think after causing your cat so much grief she would at least have charged your with a discount or something. I mean it shows a great deal of irresponsibility on her part for what happened TWICE and I was think twice about going back.

But I'm glad he's home safe now and looking good.

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2004, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

It wasn't so much her fault - she had the door closed to the grroming area - just this dumb woman in the shop kept opening the door to look at him because he is so big!

She did a very good job on Scully and and to wash him 3 times, so I didn't cause a fuss about the price, she gave us a very good deal to begin with as we buy all our catfood at the shop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2004, 06:58 PM
Banned

She should have locked the door! Anyway, Scully looks very handsome in his bandana!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2004, 07:01 PM

AWWW Scully looks so soft and pretty.
I groom Sammi and Bailey daily but I've always thought about taking them to a groomer as sort of a "treat." I'm not sure how much enjoyment they would actually get from it though.

--Roze
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2004, 07:02 PM

Also, do you know how I can make one of those pretty bandanas that Scully has on? I think Bailey and Sammi would look gorgeous in one. Is it just a piece of fabric cut in a triangle?

--Roze
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2004, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

He seemed to enjoy it (except for the episode with the dog). When I picked him up he was playing with the groomer's helper (who had washed him 3 times so I guess they had got to know each other pretty well).

The longer piece at the top was folded over two times and double knotted so it wouldn't tighten around his neck.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2004, 07:23 PM

Oh my gosh poor Scully. Must've been so scared. I'm glad he is finally home and looking so dashing in his bandana!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page