Secretly they're friends - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Secretly they're friends

I just think this is amusing. I feel like I'm trying to catch my cats having an affair or something (not possible since they're both fixed). My mom is always telling me that when I'm not home, she'll find Thomas and Kitty laying together all the time, cuddled up on the same pillow etc. Well, I almost never see them getting along. They seem to fight most of the time. Or just barely tolerate each other.

But the other day I forgot something at home and had to turn around and go back. When I got into the house, There were Thomas and Kitty, sleeping together on the heated bed! Now I keep wanting to leave and then sneek back and see what they are doing, or set up some hidden cameras.

Hmm...So, I wonder what it is about my presence that makes them not get along. I'd think jealousy, but they do it even when I'm not in the room (fight). So, how could they be jealous?

Either way, makes me feel good to imagine that they are secretly friends.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 02:30 PM

Awww...how nice! I remember you've been having a tough time with Thomas and Kitty.

I often feel like I'm the real problem with my two. Since I'm the one who gives them food [most of the time] and am play partner to each - but separately - they always seem to both want to be near me, but since they can't be in each other's presence without growling or stalking, it's a frustrating circle of a problem.

Imagine if right now, while they are home alone, they are actually cuddled up together on the sofa...

You should try to get a picture!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Banned

that's cute!!! yes, I've noticed my kitties are more active when I'm home and moving around doing stuff, so I'm sure they are reacting to me. maybe trying to get my attention...maybe just trying to trip me up!! when I'm working on the computer or when I'm gone it seems they mostly sleep.

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 10:16 AM

Yep, i agree. When Trouble and another cat he just met Tigger are at home and i'm not, my mother says they play great. As soon as i walk int o the house though, i have to seperate them. I think it stems from the "Mama territory" issue. The cat owns you and your his territory, therefore doesn't like another cat to get into that territory. If i make sense..lol. I'm at work and tired =P

That'd be great to give your mother a camera to catch some shots=p

Amanda
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 10:31 AM
Banned

Amanda - that makes perfect sense. I do think, at least to a degree, that it's territorial. I know Rocket likes to think he's the king of his domain (he just thinks he is, Mellie really is the queen), and sometimes he does this thing where he puts his "arm(s)" on top of me, as if to say, "you belong to me!!"

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page