The Depth of Loving our Cats - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

The Depth of Loving our Cats

Six months ago yesterday we lost our son, he was stillborn at 34 weeks...three months later our neighbor brought over this awful looking little cat (Skittles)...she was too young to be on her own, had patches of hair gone, had ringworms which she shared with us, but although her outter kitty was just a pity, her inner kitty was awesome, so we took her in, took care of her, got her all her shots and meds and then brought home a sister (Snickers) for her to play with from the vets office...someone had just dropped her off...

These cats, even when they wake me up at 3:00 running through the house like idiots, and even when they pull the branches off the fake Christmas tree and knock over things on the table, these two kittens bring me so much comfort and joy...theyve made me mad, but they have made me laugh and happy so much more than I thought cats ever could...No they dont replace my son, they could never...and no im not a weirdo cat lady who needs help...but I love my kittens...I dont know what Id do without them...I just thought Id share....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 10:44 AM
Premier Cat

First off Im deeply sorry for your loss. Maybe your son sent
these sweet kittys to comfort you!
I got my first kitten after I broke off my engagement. My
son brought it by and said I needed something to take care
of and love. He was right. These kitties are our fur kids
arent they?!!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Yes they are....and thank you for your kind words....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 01:07 PM

Oh, I'm SO sorry about your baby. I went through many infertility proceedures that never worked, and I always thought I was "lucky" in a way because I never got pregnant so I never lost a baby. It was hard enough to lose the "plans" I had for kids. I know the pain will never completely go away, but I believe that families are forever and you will see your son again.

I did end up adopting my 2 children, and it healed a lot of the pain. My kids are TOTAL sweeties, and they are the ones who convinced me to get a kitten (took 10 years of begging.) Now I'm the one who is head-over-heels in love with Tiger. He is my little buddy and follows me around the house during the day. Sits in my bathroom sink while I get ready in the morning, lays on my feet when I'm sewing. Cats really bring a lot of love into your home.

Happy Holidays! I'm glad that you can smile and laugh through your sadness.

Nancy
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 05:43 PM

I'm so glad that you were able to find 2 little furrballs to help comfort you thru the loss of your baby. May they keep bringing you love, happiness and laughter. Happy Holidays to all of you.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 05:54 PM
Banned

that is really sweet. my cats have really enriched my life, too.

Tim
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 06:13 PM

You can count on my prayers for you and your family this holiday season.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 07:42 PM

We lost a set of twins and triplets after many years of IVF so I can certainly sympathize with you. We were saving up to adopt a baby and decided that we needed to do something for just us so we bought a nice boat and adopted a wonderful kitten! I know, sounds selfish, but it saved our sanity and repaired our broken souls.

I don't regret our family choice because our cat and dog are our kids and I am thankful to them for filling a void in my heart.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 11:59 PM

I know what you mean. My cats are a wonderful comfort to me! I have a chronic illness (Chronic Lyme Disease) and when I'm having a bad day my boys know it and they are always curled up with me. When I first got really ill I had moved to a new city, taken a new job and was living with a room mate that I didn't know. I didn't have the energy to take care of myself much less go out and meet people. For several years they were my only company.

I also lost a baby this summer, and even though it's not due to my cats that my heart has begun to heal...they certinaly helped! They always seem to know when I need some extra TLC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page