Suggestions for 'Perfect' Cat Breed for me - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Suggestions for 'Perfect' Cat Breed for me

Hey, I'm looking for a Cat um, yes. I'm looking for a breed that's fluffy but doesn't shed alot and is laid back and easy going and alright to keep inside the house (Because I also own a rabbit who lives outside).

I've been looking through some breeds on the internet, but I thought I might just ask some 'professionals' for help

Thanks

Lil Gal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 10:47 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
Finding a cat with long hair that doesn't shed much might be hard, but daily brushing usually keeps the hair under control

However, I think you should think more about a cat who has a personality that matches up with what you want in a companion. Sometimes this is hard to do with young kittens. Many members here have rescued their cats as strays, or from shelters. Its really a wonderful thing to do.

There are even pure bred rescues around so if you find a breed you think fits what you're looking for, you may want to try a rescue.

Just some thoughts

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 11:06 PM

Adopt from the shelter..........they have every shape/size/color/personality you could imagine there!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 11:50 PM
Banned

I would say to visit the local humane association or shelter in your area and let the cat pick you.

Tim
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 04:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsnobunnieO
Finding a cat with long hair that doesn't shed much might be hard, but daily brushing usually keeps the hair under control

However, I think you should think more about a cat who has a personality that matches up with what you want in a companion. Sometimes this is hard to do with young kittens. Many members here have rescued their cats as strays, or from shelters. Its really a wonderful thing to do.

There are even pure bred rescues around so if you find a breed you think fits what you're looking for, you may want to try a rescue.

Just some thoughts
Yes, I most definatly will be checking out a shelter first, but I would like a prooven pure bred so that we could enter contests and stuff like that, I think that'd be alot of fun
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 04:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timskitties
I would say to visit the local humane association or shelter in your area and let the cat pick you.

Tim
That'd be awesome!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 09:39 AM

If you have your heart set on a purebred you can still rescue! The first thing I though of was a ragdoll....I've never had one, but I have heard that they have really good personalities. Here are a couple of ragdoll rescue links:

http://www.freewebs.com/ragdollrescue/

http://www.freewebs.com/marisaragdolls/ ... Rescue.htm

http://www.netpets.org/cats/catresc/groups/catrag.html
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 09:46 AM
Premier Cat

you can also show domestic cats. In the uk many big shows also have a section for domestic household cats.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley's mom
If you have your heart set on a purebred you can still rescue! The first thing I though of was a ragdoll....I've never had one, but I have heard that they have really good personalities. Here are a couple of ragdoll rescue links:

http://www.freewebs.com/ragdollrescue/

http://www.freewebs.com/marisaragdolls/ ... Rescue.htm

http://www.netpets.org/cats/catresc/groups/catrag.html
Yes, that's what I thought of at first too, as my friend who I'm visiting in Canada next year has one, and she says that she's very affectionate and sorta like a purring pillow But I'd also like something with a nice pattern, like a Bobtail or Oriental. And thanks for the links!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalensia
you can also show domestic cats. In the uk many big shows also have a section for domestic household cats.
Oh, ok. I hope they have that in Australia, they probably do. And I very much like all your pets, you're very lucky to have so many, I have a Mother who is allergic to cats and dogs (reason for not wanting something that sheds too much) and they just generally sorta...hate me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page