Another Litter Tracking Solution - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2004, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Another Litter Tracking Solution

Timskitties' post brought to mind my own solution to this well-known problem. What did I do? I broke down and bought a dust buster. This might not work for those of you with pine chips or shredded paper for litter, but I use Tidy Cats Crystals Blend. Now, instead of breaking out the vacuum every day, I just dust bust in about 30 seconds! It's so great!

Just thought I'd share...this obvious solution didn't dawn on me until this weekend. I honestly forgot they made dust busters!! Maybe I won't be the only one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2004, 06:15 PM
Banned

Bobbie - a Dust Buster is a NECESSITY for litter maintenance!

I was to the point where I was dust busting 3 or 4 times a day ...

Tim
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2004, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Tim: with 3 kitties, I'll bet you'd be dust busting (that sounds funny!) that often! I've become a bit more lax in my need for ABSOLUTE tidiness since our boys came along. I used to freak out about anything being dirty. Now, I'll dust bust at the end of the day and let that be that. We also have one of those litter mats...the ones with the pointy bits to step on. At first, the boys just jumped over them, spreading the litter even further than before! Now, they've learned to step on it, thank goodness.
Still, they do get litter spread about the place, so the dust buster has been a fun toy for me these past few days.
Binx also has a bit of a "chewing on cardboard to make kitty confetti" fetish (as we call it) so the buster has come in use for cleaning up the confetti every evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 07:02 PM

I keep a little hand broom and dustpan near the litter box. I sweep up any stray litter about once a day (usually when I scoop.) Nice to hear about the dustbuster, I'll have to get one!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 07:45 PM
Banned

We got one & we use it sometimes too.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersmom
I keep a little hand broom and dustpan near the litter box. I sweep up any stray litter about once a day (usually when I scoop.) Nice to hear about the dustbuster, I'll have to get one!
While we were travelling with the boys over the holidays, this is what I did as well. But while we were at my parents' house last week--my father is a bit OCD about cleaning--I ended up sweeping at least 3 times a day to keep my dad from freaking! The boys carried out a ton of litter with them each time they used the box!! I got sick of being on my hands and knees sweeping, so my mom got us a dust buster as a present. It's such a great tool to have around! I hope it helps you out, too!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page