Breaking Stuff - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

Breaking Stuff

Hi Everyone,

One of my four cats has just knocked over my lovely oversized glass leaf which was my accent for the coffee table. It was heavy duty glass and I still can't get over how she managed to move it. I'm heartbroken over it.

I was just wondering if anyone else has stories of kitties breaking things?

Bonita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 09:13 AM
Premier Cat

All kittys jump on things and push over things. Its why we cat proof our houses. Just like we do for our children.

I bought some beautiful ceramic flowers and put them in a vase my aunt sent me that had been in the family. My cat wouldnt leave the flowers alone. They broke a couple. Tipped over the vase several times. Finally I put it all away. I was a lost cause and my kittys are my companions. We all give things up in this life for companions, kids, husbands, etc!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 10:54 AM
Banned

Rocket tipped over a favorite houseplant I had for about 15 years. Oh, well, Rocket's more important to me than a plant!!

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 12:58 PM

My cat managed to (twice last night) know over he whole litter box - I find it heavy to lift so I don't know how he did it.

They don't really break stuff tho - but it shows their strength when they want to be bad!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Cat Addict

What hasn't THomas broken?

I have a plant in a stand that he knocks over on a regular basis. Dirt everywhere.

He knocked over another plant stand in the bathroom, which shattered the pot and made a dent in the linoleum (lovely).

Hmm...He's knocked over a silk tree a few times, which in turn knocked over a lamp.

He's chewed holes in two different water dishes, chewed the connecter end off of a few phone cords. Umm, that's all I can think of off hand.

No matter what I do to cat proof the house, Thomas still manages to find something else to break. Oh well, gotta love him.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 06:38 AM
Cat

My male cat Presley knocked a clock off of my wall and the the front panel glass on it shattered. He also broke the plastic frame on my eye glasses by knocking it off a counter but i managed to Krazy Glue it back together.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 12:17 PM

We are pretty lucky, our cats don't touch anything. The most they do is walk on the table.

Although, Angel likes to be up high, she is a jumper. We came home one day and our only shelf with souvenirs and books was on the ground. Broke a few nick knacks. We are going to build her shelves of her own before we hang our shelf back up!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 01:16 PM

Sassy knocked something off the shelf over my dresser and broke the glass top. Then Christmas day I had just opened a bottle of good Merlot and set it on the bar to breath. Went to the bedroom for something. Heard a crash. Ran back into the kitchen and found the bottle and wine all over the floor, and the cat sitting on the counter looking so proud of herself. I thought about having skinned oatmeal colored kitty for dinner.
Wasn't as upset about having to clean up the mess as I was about losing the wine. Oh well thats why I buy it by the case.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynda J
Oh well thats why I buy it by the case.

I laughed when I read that! I've never heard of anyone buying wine by the case.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 01:57 PM

I have been buying it by the case for years. Central Market gives you a discount if you by a case (6 bottles). I use lots of wine cooking and a glass of red wine is good for you. So we have to do what is healthy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page