Baby going to the vet tomorrow: update! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Baby going to the vet tomorrow: update!

Baby's going to the vet tomorrow! Please say a prayer for her so she'll be alright. Here's the story: https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=13289
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 10:31 PM

I just saw and replyed to the other topic. You and her both will in my thoughts and prayers.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Thank you Jessamica8! Well, she's coming home tonight . The vet said she is alright & that's she'll have stitches on her neck .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Update: she got stitches & was wearing an e-collar, poor Baby! She has to wear it when we aren't supervising her. I just hate that! She can't do anything then, but I guess its the best so she doesn't get the stitches out. They also found out that she has a heart murmur . And well have to do an ultrasound on her to find out more if she needs pills. Its so expensive . Like four hundred for the neck thing & another 400 for ultrasound! Sounds ridiculous to me . Anyway, I guess we'll have to do it. Anyone have any more info on heart murmurs? Will we have to give her pills for the rest of her life because of it? They say that she has this when she was small. When they were checking her blood pressure they said this. Now she is hiding under the bed so scared . And now she is eating .
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 07:59 PM

Ah, poor Baby - often heart murmurs aren't too serious. You should PM spacemonkey on this one, Scully was just diagnosed with a heart murmur and I know she was looking into tons of research and info on it. I'm sure she could point you in the right direction.

My thoughts are with you and Baby right now!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Thanx Jessica! I'll let you know what the results are for her chin & if we need to give her pills for her heart murmur. I hope we don't have to give her pills for the rest of her life . We still have to go to the vet for the ultrasound though.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Ok, they phoned today, finally!! They are so stupid they don't have a clue what is wrong w/ her . They said maybe its a food allergy & should be put on a special diet. But I'm thinking if they put her on a special diet then how do we know what she is allergic to!? I don't know. we'll see how it goes w/ her chin if anything happens.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Banned

You know what I realized if they put her on a special diet then we can maybe tell what she's allergic to like if the vet puts her on a chicken diet & if the bumps come up then she's allergic to chicken. Hmm... now I'm seeing it clearly!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 08:48 PM

Hopefully everything works out

The best way to determine food allergies is to feed one thing. If they are fine no allergy. It is process of elimination.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Thank you! I hope so too! Yup, well, see .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page