Need a less dusty litter - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Need a less dusty litter

I use a clumping unscented litter for 4 cats and I'm totally sick of the dust Any suggestions?

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 09:29 PM

Feline Pine is wonderful. It is made of little pellets that turn into sawdust when they are urinated on. You can scoop out the poop and flush it then change the litter whenever there is too much sawdust. Also the smell control is pretty good.
I wish I could go back to Feline Pine but one of my cats won't use anything but clay clumping litter. *sigh*

Also you can try corn or wheat based litters.

<3
Roze
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 09:39 PM

I use World's Best and I have 4 cats. I tried the extra strength one for multiple cats and neither the cats or me liked it - but the original is great!

It is corn based so really natural and there is hardly any dust.

We are looking after a feral kitten (and mother) at work trying to find the kitten a home and giving the mother somewhere warm to have her kittens and they both took to World's Best straight away - and now all my co-workers use it too.

I was put off by the price at first (is $19 CAD for a big bag) but the bag lasts we twice as long (and therefore is the same price as the clumping I was buying) as well as smelling better, being lighter and easier to scoop/change and being less dusty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Cool Cat

I also use World's Best. A few people have mentioned a bad smell with the clumps, but I haven't noticed it (then again, I see some really nasty litterboxes, so maybe my smell-o-meter isn't what it should be )

Assumpta loathed Feline Pine like nothing I've ever seen. She walked over, sniffed it, then pooped on the floor next to the box while looking me right in the eye the whole time. I can take a hint, and I changed the box out then and there (whereupon she hopped right in and peed ). She seems to hate all pellet-type litters and prefers something sandier. I'd never used a clumping litter before WB (I just think there's something terribly wrong with the whole idea of clumping clay additives...call it a quirk of mine), but I've been pleased with the WB clumping corn thus far. Dust is low, but it does track a bit...other than that, no complaints.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 10:04 PM

I have a box with hgh sides so it doesn't track so much... and when it does it is a lot softer on the feet than clay clumping!!!

Quote:
She walked over, sniffed it, then pooped on the floor next to the box while looking me right in the eye the whole time
Magnum did the exact same where we tried Yesterdays News! He hated it - and they hurt when you walk on them in the night because your cat thinks its funny to kick them out of the box and use them as toys to be chased! grrrrr
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Banned

in general, clumping litter is dustier than non-clumping because it's much finer. if you don't have your heart set on clumping, but you want to stick with clay, you might try Tidy Cats by Purina. I found it was one of the lesser-dusty non-clumping litters. and it's inexpensive.

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page