I'm getting another cat!!!!!...updated with pics *** - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

I'm getting another cat!!!!!...updated with pics ***

This makes number 4 in the cat family!

I posted in the lounge yesterday that I went to the shelter. We looked at two cats both were roughly a year old. We went back today and met with both the kitties again. We decided on the male. The female was a little timid and we were concerned that our puppy might be a little overwhelming and scare her.

The boy is beautiful. He is black (of course). His fur is like a two tone. It has a white undercoat that you can see when you pet him. He is very friendly and not at all timid. He will be held and sit on your lap. He was purring like crazy today! He will walk around though to, so he is kind of independent. I have one clingy, clingy, clingy cat (Zoee) who is having some issues now. Another one like her would be nice, but out of the question for now......as to not upset her.

He was not neutered yet. He will be tomorrow as well as be tatooed. Unfortunately he has hookworm right now. He will be sent home with medication. There is a post in the health section about it if anyone has suggestions.

I bought his collar today and a new scratching post for him. I'm sure I will be spending some more time shopping and spending money for him tomorrow!!!! Then I will be bringing him home Thursday!!!!! I'm so excited.

I wish I had taken pictures of him. I tried to find pictures on the humane society website. He wasn't on there though. Maybe they pulled him off already. Oh well.....I will get some as soon as I pick him up.

I'm trying to come up with a name too. His name is Tabasco at the humane society, but they don't know if that was really his name. He was a owner surrender, but the lady just dropped him in the lobby and said she didn't have time to wait, so they don't really know anything about him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 06:40 AM
Cat

Congratulations on the new cat. The anticipation of bringing a new one home is always fun isnt it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodgrl
He was not neutered yet. He will be tomorrow as well as be tatooed.
What do you mean by tatooed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodgrl
I wish I had taken pictures of him. I tried to find pictures on the humane society website. He wasn't on there though. Maybe they pulled him off already.
The shelter i adopted from had a successful adoption area where they would show all the cats that had been adopted. Did you trying looking to see if the Humane Society site had a successful adoption area?

Anyway good luck with the new guy and post some pics of him soon if you have a digital camera.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

He will be tatooed and have a tag stating he is tatooed in case he gets out. I'm not sure what the tatoo looks like, but the humane society keeps a record. If he gets ou then they can determine where he belongs. I guess you could say similar to a microchip.

I'll have to look into the succesful adoption thing....maybe there is an area like that. There were alot of listings with no pictures, but he wasn't even listed The female we looked at is listed there though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 02:05 PM

Aww

Thats great! I'm really happy you found your perfect new baby, I can't wait to see a piccy or two he sounds really gorgeous!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 03:32 PM

good for u!
wat do u mean by tatooed????
o how bout the name Sooty or charcoal or sumthin
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Banned

Congrats! Can't wait to see piccies!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Premier Cat

Congrats on your new addition! How
wonderful.

Im surprised they are tatooing. Ive
heard they can fade. Maybe they can
chip him?? Its very inexpensive.

Cant wait for pictures
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all. It is 13 hours until I pick him up....I can't wait!!! I bought him a new bed, a few toys and a brush tonight. Tomorrow I am going to stop on the way and get his dishes.

I guess tatooing is standard for them. I wanted to get my other three chipped, but haven't yet. I guess I could do all four at once

I'm still working on a name. All I have come up with so far is Zander.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Well I got him!!!! Man the guy at the shelter was a real jerk!!! He was so rude. I was actually starting to get upset. I don't understand why you would be rude to someone for no reason ecspecially on a day that should be happy.

First thing...my BF went to look at dogs and when they called us he was in the kennels. I said I would go get him. The guy says I'll page him. Then he sees my BF's name is on the paperwork. He said go get him. More the tone than what he said.

We sit down and I have the carrier...apparently in his way. He said Why don't you move that and give me space. Once again more the tone of what he said. Mind you he didn't use that side of the table at all while he was going over everything.

Then he is going over all the paper work and he asks if we have other animals. MY BF answers him with the number of each. He says well that was more than I needed to know, but you answered my question. He starts going through what has been done, medication, neutering, etc. I ask about vaccines. He says...why don't you wait it is on the next page. I will tell you about it when I get there.

Maybe I am overreacting....but I thought he was a rude jerk!!!

ANYWAY.....We left the shelter and he peed (sp) in the carrier. Poor guy They told me to keep the area from the surgery dry so I couldn't give him a bath. I spent quite a bit of time cleaning him up with baby wipes. He cleaned himself some too. We brought him in and the cats didn't even notice. They have periodically been outside the door of the room he is in, but no hissing or anything. He is very sweet. He will climb right up in my lap and lay down already. He doesn't seem at all scared, but he doesn't like to be left alone in the room. I have been able to sneak out a few times while he was sleeping and he didn't notice. Other than that he crys and scratches at the door while you are gone But he is in the computer room, so I guess more internet time for me!!!

I think this is going to be a long 10 days with trying to keep him happy in here, letting the puppy out and making sure he isn't getting into trouble, plus taking care of my other cats. I'll be glad when he has the run of the house.

Whew that was long. Here is the link of his pics in meet my kitty.

https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=13559
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 07:48 AM
Cat

From what you described i would say that guy was a rude jerk and unprofessional and that you werent overreacting.

He's a great looking cat, good luck with him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page