I know I should be mad, but... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

I know I should be mad, but...

So, last night, I hear the usual "cat-getting-into-trouble" noises from the kitchen, I get out of bed and go downstairs to investigate. There is a Ker-thump, and Assumpta comes walking out of the kitchen licking her chops vigorously.

I search the kitchen and can't for the life of me find what she's been into, until I get to the gas stove.

(side note: we still have a gas stove, but we almost never use it, especially in the winter when the woodstove is going 24/7, so it ends up being where we stack everything and store pots and pans).

On top of the gas stove was a skillet that we'd fried some beef in for dinner, and my husband had left the pan to cool on the gas stove before we rubbed the grease into it. In the grease were three or four distinct cat-tongue marks, and stuck to the edge of the pan were a few telltale white hairs from Assumpta's shirt. Busted!

(no wonder she never loses any weight!)

I know I should be mad at her, but I can't help being impressed that she managed to outfox us. Getting on any stove is one of the very few punishable offenses in our house, but since she was already off the stove, I couldn't really punish her, so I guess I'll be proud of her instead...and I'll be securing the gas stove so that it's unappealing to cats, and making sure that the cast iron pots and pans are out of cat reach from now on.

Ahh...my cat...she knows darn well she got away with something, but she's completely unrepentant. I brought her upstairs, and she laid on my chest, licking the last of the grease off her nose and wearing a very smug, satisfied look. This is why I have a cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 04:14 PM

Oh funny kitty! My 2 have the same type of attitude. They get into something, and act like it was nothing. lol
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Banned

it's impossible to entirely cat-proof one's house. as soon as I think I've got every conceivable thing covered, they come up with something new. grrrr!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page