back up to 7 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to AmberD
back up to 7

Marley's back. I don't know if I ever mentioned that Marley was gone...

Marley was brought in from our backyard in October, after after a fruitless search to find his owners, he was deemed ours and neutered. Since he was already an adult, none of our cats liked him. Hated him, rather.

Marley is my sister's cat. So when she moved out a month and a half ago, Marley went with her. At that point, he was #6, and the three feral kittens we had inside were temporary. Except one of them didn't leave, either Marley was gone by the time we decided to keep the remaining kitten, who was then dubbed Harley, after a serval I knew.

Harley is 3.5 months old now, and a couple days ago my sister moved back in, Marley in tow. So now we have Harley and Marley in the house, #6 and #7.

No one likes Marley. Still. He's such an easygoing cat, always has been. So he walks around all casual, and when he comes across another cat that growls at him, he gives them a wide berth, but basically brushes them off. Harley gets along with him the best (as seen above), but Marley plays a little bit too rough for the baby - Marley is the only obstacle I've ever seen that tenacious little devil back off from.

Life the past couple days has been chaotic. Marley sleeps locked in my sister's bedroom, but during the day, he's constantly running into trouble (not always his fault). Sometimes it is his "fault," as he's an energetic young man (1.5-2.5 years) and can't resist trying to play with the other kitties - meaning leaping on top of very unwilling playmates. The others either jump in or get trampled, so we've had several multiple cat pile-ups. No real injuries, but a lot of edgy cats. Life is fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Premier Cat

Marley sounds like a wonderful cat! From the photo Im assuming he is the black and white. Well Harley and Marley in one household. That is too funny.. How many cats total do you have. Are some of them foster cats or forever cats?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to AmberD
Oh no, all the cats are ours. All 7 of them If that sounds bad (like we're collectors or something), then to help matters out, 2 of them are mine and will go with me when I move out, and Marley is my sister's and will be leaving with her (I think she should take devil kitten, too). So that'll leave my parents with 3-4 cats (and a dog) when they finally get the house to themselves

The last 4 cats were taken right out of our yard, two as kittens (Scooter and Harley) and two as adults (Sophie and Marley). We tried to find the adults' real owners, but had no luck. We're pretty sure that Sophie was dumped in our neighborhood bcause she was pregnant with Scooter. Friends and Family are quite convinced that there are signs pointing out our houses to all the stray cats. In addition to the 7 cats (argh) in our house, there are 2 regular ferals outside.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page