what did you name your cat/cats? And what does it mean? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 04:00 AM Thread Starter

what did you name your cat/cats? And what does it mean?

My cats names are Genis and Freya. Genis is a male, we thought for a long time on what to name him and finally decided on Genis which is a character in a video game called tales of symphonia, silly i know.

My other cats name is Freya, which is a Greek Goddess meaning, The daughter of Njord, aud goddess of love and beauty.

what did you name yours and why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 04:24 AM

One of my foster kittens was called Freya. Her littermates were also named after gods & goddesses - Anait, Mau & Ra, and her mum was Isis!

My cats:

Finn - means 'Fair', although he isn't but I just like the name (its Irish - or Scandinavian!).

Riley - Irish name meaning 'Valiant'. Love Irish names.

Bumper - If you knew him, it suits him! He's huge, clumsy and sweet!

Mackenzie - Means 'Handsome Son' in Irish, 'Favoured One' in Scottish, or 'Child of The Wise' in Celtic!

Theo - French name, translates as 'Untamed', sums him up

And my dogs -

Asha - its Arabic for 'Life', pretty apt considering I gave her a second shot at it...

Elliot - Just love the name. Later found it means 'High Offering' or 'Gift From God'. Yeah, right.....more like 'Spawn of Satan'.... !

Ems x
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 04:34 AM

My kitties names are Mojo......dunno why we picked that one, just seemed to fit him once we saw the pictures of him!

Jinx.....when we picked up Mojo from the breeder, she talked us into buying his playmate too! On the 4 hour drive home with them we named her Jinx because it seemed to fit well with the name Mojo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 04:56 AM

well daizy's name is complex...... Krazie Daizy Mazie is her full name but she answers to anything.....miss priss, brat, kittie, kittie cat, evil brat......all her nicknames are out of respect cause of the way she has acted...... the name is kinda from dr seuss's daizy mazie head (something to that nature i can't remember right now!)

~bekki and daizy~
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 08:54 AM
Banned

Mellie is short for Melody - when I met her I noticed her musical little voice.

Rocket - when I met him he was trying to launch himself.

Tommy - full name is Tommy Two-Tone, because he's bi-color. honestly, I couldn't come up with anything better.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 09:03 AM

Re: what did you name your cat/cats? And what does it mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmadison
My cats names are Genis and Freya. Genis is a male, we thought for a long time on what to name him and finally decided on Genis which is a character in a video game called tales of symphonia, silly i know.

My other cats name is Freya, which is a Greek Goddess meaning, The daughter of Njord, aud goddess of love and beauty.

what did you name yours and why?
Just in case you didn't know, Freya is also a video game name, from Final Fantasy 9. Good theme you have going there!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 09:11 AM

Previous & Foster Kitties

Lestat - Character From Anne Rice's Vampire Novels

Claudia - Character From Anne Rice's Vampire Novels (actually a him )

Louie - Character From Anne Rice's Vampire Novels

Chibi-Chibi - Character From Sailor Moon Anime, Means "Itty-Bitty" who knew that he would turn into a fattie

Kaleb - The only name I could get my husband at the time to agree on!

Princess - Because she was the only girl

Spaz - Princess' kitten, he was a total spaz

Fuzz-Ball - Yeah, we were totally running out of names

Boy Kitty - The only boy from Princess' litter

Luna - Means "moon" we only had her for a day because she tested positive for Feline Lukemia, but her new owner kept her name!

Current baby!

Chester - He really *looks* like a Chester to me, also the name of the lead singer of my favorite band, Linkin Park

Whew, that was long, hope I didn't leave anyone out!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 09:12 AM

Bailey - She was my 21st birthday present. I got her the day after my birthday, so I decided to name her after what I drank all night on my b-day... Bailey's Irish Cream!
Sammi - Sammi was already named when we adopted her. Since she already had a name and knew it well we didn't want to give her a new one. Her name fits her for some reason. I usually call her "Sammi Girl" though.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 10:06 AM
Jr. Cat

I named them for gods .

Zeus and Hera , king and queen, but they do not get along life wife and husband, unless you consider, sleeping apart and fighting being typical for a wife and husband. lol
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 12:11 PM

Spooky: i named her after agent mulder on the x-files. plus she's all black so it's fitting i call her lulu, spookless dougifer, spooky marie, etc.
(i love david duchovny)

Boo: she's a tuxedo cat with buggy eyes, and just looks like a "boo". i call her boo boo. or "skunky". she looks like a skunk in the face sometimes.

Willard: when i heard how whiny he is, i kept thinking "coward"...
the "w" on his forehead reminded me of "willie", so i just combined the two. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page