Spay & Neuter Fees - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
Spay & Neuter Fees

I was wondering something. Does anyone know the price range of Spaying & Neutering? The Humane Society in Detroit, MI said that it would cost 50 dollars but that included shots and spay/neuter fee. I would like the exact price (if possible). Thanks. Catlover_2004.

*~*~*Megan*~*~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

If I remember correctly, I think I paid $70. (They may have included a distemper shot or two though.)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
Thanks Heather! I know this one great adoption place and their spay/neuter fee is 35.00 I think. Good night. Catlover_2004. *yawn*

*~*~*Megan*~*~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 10:37 PM
Cool Cat

wow.. where do you go for this cheap price? seems extremely low.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
a lot of places you can get a cat that has already been spayed or neutered, and then you don't have to worry about the fees!

I'm not a good example, but to get Nya spayed, it cost me $105.25 canadian. But that was JUST the spay, there was the anesthetic and other surgery costs involved, and she ended up costing me (or my parents I should say, thank goodness for Christmas!) about $300 total. There were problems with her, that I would not have trusted a cheap clinic to take care of properly, I just wanted the best for my baby! So keep in mind, while MOST procedures can be done inexpensively, problems can arise (especially with a spay) that drive the cost up, and that you really should take her to a vet for. Although I'm sure it's quite rare!

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 11:17 PM

vanillasugar, you have just reassured me a lot, I thought I was getting ripped off by the local vet for the spay & neuter for the ferals we have in our office.

We were told that it would be around $155 CAD for the kitten to be neutered and about $250 for the mother to be spayed as there is a small problem. However, she is pregnant so we still deciding whether to let her go ahead with the birth (it will be her 3rd confirmed litter in a year, which is not good and she may have had more before the first litter we rescued) or to have them aborted and her spayed immediately, which would drive the cost up to about $500.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 12:48 AM

I paid $70.00 for Mateo last week. That included his neuter, acouple of shot (don't remember off the top of my head), revolution and 14 days limited medical care at a VCA animal hospital.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 10:06 AM
Jr. Cat

If you are low income there are numbers you can call

If you have a low income, or need help there is this number you can call:1800spay usa. You leave them your address, and cat info and they send you a coupon for a low cost spay. I think it is something like $25 . When I had my male spayed I went to the vet and he charged $35. I guess it depends where you live.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 10:51 AM

We got a discount at the vet because we went for all our shots there. The procedure was 70.00 (canadian) and then we opted for a blood test to be done which was 65.00 on top of the 70.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Cool Cat

Depends on where you are, and the cat involved...neutering is cheaper than spaying, because it's a less invasive surgery. Many shelters include spay/neuter in the adoption fee (we don't let animals leave our local shelter without being spayed/neutered first). For more organizations and info, look in the "Low-cost spay/neuter programs" sticky threads all over the CatForum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page