My Baby got out... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

My Baby got out...

OMG I was freaking out. Night before last my daughter left the patio door ajar. Kiko ran out. Now he's gotten out before and came back so I wasn't terribly worried, but I left the door cracked and put his food out. We live in a huge Apt. complex, and there is a lake behind our building with a few alligators. Well when Kiko wasn't back in a bit I freaked out. I went up and down calling and looking. He has a bell on his collar so I thought I heard a bell everywhere I went. I finally had to go to bed, but left the back door open just in case. The next morning, no Kiko! I printed out some flyers with his picture, and took them around the complex. I took some to the office, and talked to security. Noone had seen my Kiko. I knew he had to be inside somewhere. He would have been home if he had been out. Well about 11pm last night I got a call. Evidentally he had gone to a patio that looked similar to ours and begged to get in. He had my # on his collar, but the lady hadn't noticed???? She finally saw a flyer at the office and called. I was soooooo Happy, and so was Kiko. He slept ever so close last night. I had even posted his missing on every missing pet site I could find, and went to the local pound. Whew....sorry so long, but I thought I would never see him again, and I have become quite attached to the little booger...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 02:55 PM
Kitten

A friend of mines cat escaped last summer. About six months later, she got a call from someone that had the cat. The cat had been living with the peoples outside cats the whole tiime, but it took them 6 months to actually look at the collar.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 10:23 PM

I knew a girl who's cat did a similar thing living in an apt. He got out and like 2 days later she heard a cat meowing. She went out on her patio and her cat was down on the ground meowing up at their patio. She lived on the 2nd floor. Smart cat considering pretty much all patios look the same, know what I mean?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 09:34 AM
Cool Cat

Oh I know the feeling. My JoJo kitty got out one night (she'd never been out before) and was living in the woods for 7 weeks. I cried cried cried, did the flyer thing, knocked on doors called shelters, etc...one saturday morning while doing my chores I happened to look out the window and there she was hot footin it across the street headed to woods on the other side of the cul de sac. I think I was out the door in one step. She was starved down but othewise in good health. She's been back for about 7 weeks now and only within the last past week is she getting to be her old self. In the meantime while JoJo was gone (thnking we would never see her again) we adopted Billie from a shelter who turns out to be the sweetest little cuddle bug. all's well

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page