Need Idea's For Raising Money To Save Our Kittens - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Need Idea's For Raising Money To Save Our Kittens

We are looking for ideas to raise money for 4 adorable stray kittens that won our hearts.
Please read our story:
URL:http://www.geocities.com/lunangel355/Kittens.html

Any ideas for making inexpensive crafts, or other ways to earn money would truly be appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 10:12 PM

Your babies are absolutely adorable! And I know exactly how taking in stray cats and making bad decisions are, believe me. I finally paid my credit card off, and guess what? More kittens! Ferals are fun to watch. I've seen a lot of feral kittens caught and tamed... And then the goal to catch Momma, oh boy! Your best bet is to get a humane trap from the humane society and catch each feral in your pack. First, find a TNR program in your area.. Which is for ferals, it means Trap Neuter Return. It should be free or very cheap.

Money raising ideas could be making gift baskets with home-made chocolates and maybe a card and some flowers... And try to sell them in front of a local store (with permission, of course). I see stuff like that at my college all the time. Mostly brownies though *yum*

Anyother idea is crocheting and knitting! I absolutely love that stuff.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 10:19 PM

the kittens are adorable! i checked out the ebay site too the magnets are cute! I agree that gift baskets are a good idea, maybe paw print shirts? (dip kittens shirt into washable non-toxic paint and press to shirt and have lots of kittie prints) that could be put on ebay or sent with the gift baskets to let the person that bought it know who they helped and have a cute kittie shirt too. that's all i can think of right now if i have any more ideas besides just donating then i'll post them! Good luck!

~bekki and daizy~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 10:30 PM
Cool Cat

Catnip pillows. Scrap cotton quilting cloth is cheap, and if you look, you can buy bulk catnip from organic grocers and pet supply places really cheaply. Then you are automatically marketing toward cat owners who might be more interested in helping your cause. Also, see the links for Low Cost Spay/neuter programs at the top of the forum for resources on getting the price down. Many states have low-income spay/neuter voucher programs, and many animal shelters run low-cost vaccination clinics, often the vet comes right to your car to administer the shots while you wait.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Thanks so much. They are great ideas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page