How much do you play with your cats? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
View Poll Results: On average, what is the total time you spend in active playtime with your cats each day?
None 1 3.13%
1 - 10 minutes 5 15.63%
11 - 20 minutes 10 31.25%
Over 20 minutes 16 50.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Banned

How much do you play with your cats?

I was wondering how much time people spend playing with their cats. This would be active playtime, not time spent cuddling on on the lap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 11:06 PM

Well Ihab and I try to play with Puma as much as we can and as much as she will stay interested. Usually Ihab can get her more rawled up.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 11:10 PM

WAY over 20 minutes. Most nights I spend about an hour playing with them. They play together with me. I bring out Da Bird, or one of their other string toys and wave it around for a long while until they get tired of it. I love the pole toys and laser pointers cause I just sit in my chair and let them play for as long as they want. Plus, I don't have a TV so other than reading, being on the computer and cleaning... playing with the cats is a top priority.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 11:33 PM
Cat Addict

I play with them almost every day. Even if it's just throwing the toy mouse around (they fetch). We bring out Da Bird a couple of times a week, I can't really tell you how long those sessions last.. but it's fun.

It's great to have two, because they always play with each other. It's good for those lazy days when I don't feel like playing.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 01:11 AM

Winnie is just too old to play. She's unresponsive to string, toys, laser pointers, ZipZaps, etc. She used to but I bet her joints hurt or her eyesight is too bad. All my time with her is just petting her.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 08:58 AM

Like 20-30 minutes of play therapy, plus two or three "tag - you're it" play sessions per day.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 11:24 AM

I am not sure but maybe more than 1 hour with Madam_she doesn't play much, she's 5 but still loves to sit there just wachting life pass by_ and maybe 1/2 hour with the younger ones, they play with each other most of the day (and part of the night).
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 11:59 AM

It depends on whether they are playing with me or me with them.
They love chasing feet under the covers at night.. But once the lights go out that ends. But we have play time each night while I (kinda watch TV)
if one isn't in my face or on my head.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 04:34 PM
Banned

Over 20 minutes
She loves to play!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 05:00 PM

I clicked 11-20 minutes, but it all depends. sometimes i'm so busy, there is no play at all. And sometimes, i play with him all day, then my bf gets home and plays with him some more, so i'ts like hours! lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page