Introduced Mateo to the gang tonight....*update* - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Introduced Mateo to the gang tonight....*update*

They had a breif meeting for just over an hour. He did alot of investigating around the house. Zoee and Zack didn't even get off the couch They just stared at him from up there. Lamar was a little more interested. When I opened the room that Mateo is in Lamar came in and layed down. He wouldn't let Mateo get to close though. They had a few hissing spats back and forth. I think Mateo was just scared of Lamar. Eventually Mateo just went over to the cats toy box and started taking toys out and playing with them. Zoee, Zack and Lamar were watching from accross the room.

He played for a while and then I brought him back to his room. He was clawing and hitting the door when I put him back in there. Then he calmed down.

Tomorrow I will bring him out for longer. I just didn't want him to be overwhelmed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 08:43 AM
Banned

Sounds like things are going well!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

They spent some more time together yesterday. It was more of the same. This time Zack decided he was going to check out what was going on, so they had a little hissing match. Zoee sat on the couch again and watched everything from a distance. MAteo kept running towards Lamar, hissing and swatting!! I hope that stops!

Guess we will see how it goes today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

We are on day 5 now. Mateo is still being kept in his room when I am at work and at night. He is still being fed by himself in his room.

They are starting to go exist. Mateo will kind of do his own thing. He will lay in the same area as one of the other cats, then he realizes they are there and hisses a little

Lamar has suffered a couple of scratches on his face (at least I think they are scratches)

I think it is going pretty well. I'm hoping that by the end of the weekend he will be able to be out of the room full time!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 09:35 AM

Hooray! Sounds like the introduction is progressing, slowly but surely. Hope all goes well this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page