The Herd: Got My Butt Chewed Today - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

The Herd: Got My Butt Chewed Today

Got my butt chewed today by my wife re: our newest kitten. You're all probably aware of the name change for our newest kitten from Millie to Wendy. Well, I got a nasty message on the answering machine from the wife basically saying that I'm still a non-listening knuckle head (not her words, but it gets the message across here) because she made it very clear to me that the cat's name should be Windy, NOT Wendy. "You didn't find her at a burger joint!!!" Then the phone call came and I got it again LIVE!
I just don't know how I got through life before my wife. It seems I never can make the right decisions, but she sets me on the right track. I just don't uhhhh.............sorry, had to wipe the drool off my chin. She usually does that. She also reminds me not to mouth-breathe.
Anyway, it's Windy. Oh.......just got an email; it's time for me to check and make sure I put the toilet seat down uhhhhh.......sorry, drool again.

spike481
Herdmaster of 16 Cats & 1 Dog

"Ever tried to herd cats?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 09:24 PM

that's kind of funny, and kind of sad too.... i'm so glad i'm not that kind of wife. i nag a little, but it's usually only on important things.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 09:27 PM

I nag to my boyfriend all the time, but mostly just to be funny. I nag at him for saying hello to the cats before he says hello to me when he comes home. Haha.

Hey Celeste, is that a strawberry hermit crab in your signature? I used to have one of those but it just died. His name was Horatio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Banned

I like Wendy. It's one of my favorite girl's names.

OTH Windy is kind of a cute name for a rescue cat.

So, I guess I'm on both sides here.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Cool Cat

Bwahhahahahaha....

Sorry...just hearing a continual theme at my house:

Husband feeds cat. Wife asks "Did you put the fiber on her food?" for the 4,274th consecutive time. Husband smiles sweetly and says "Yes, dear."

Usually, I'm really laid-back. I don't care a whit about the toilet seat (I used to live with five guys, I usually put the seat UP when I'm done ). I don't care what he wears 99.95% of the time. I don't care that he wears underwear and socks that look like they were attacked by deranged weasels. I can talk cars and drive a tractor. I'll cheerfully dig metal out of his eyes and hands and don't even blink at third degree slag burns anymore ("Hey, honey...that's a good 'un!"). I don't even mind that he's making me watch "The Omen" tonight because he didn't see it when he was a kid like everyone else did.

But he obviously can't be trusted to sprinkle a pinch of fiber on the cat's food.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Banned

Gudewife, what product do you use for the cats' fiber? I was looking for psyllium today (Metamucil generic), and everything I could find at Walgreen's was either flavored or contained sucrose (sugar). Thanks....
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 09:47 PM
Cat Addict

Don't worry Spike.

I was a perfectly functioning individual until about four years ago. Then, I too, became a mouth breathing, drooling, caveman.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

This post is intended to be funny. My wife is not a nag; if anything, I nag at her

spike481
Herdmaster of 16 Cats & 1 Dog

"Ever tried to herd cats?"
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyAndSammi
Hey Celeste, is that a strawberry hermit crab in your signature? I used to have one of those but it just died. His name was Horatio.
what kind of setup did you have? straws are extremely fragile (kind of like keeping angel fish in that other thread) i had two and they both died for no apperant reason, but i later found out why.

straws require a large tank, 20 gallons or more. they are also very social and you need to have two of the same species (though they do get along with other species of hermit crabs as well, they need to have their buddy of the same species) they need 80% humidity (all hermits do) and they like it a bit warmer than the others (78-82 degrees)

one of the more important things they need is a deep salt water pool and a deep fresh water pool, deep enough for them to submurge themselves in. make sure to use an aquarium salt for it, not table salt. all hermit crabs require salt water, actually, but only straws and cavipes really need it so deep. (make sure they have a ramp of some kind to get out of the pool or they will drown) they also need lots of fresh foods like fruits, veggies, and meat (chicken, shrimp, fish, etc.)
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 10:01 PM
Cool Cat

Try looking at a health-food or vitamin store, or someplace like Puritan's Pride online. The stuff I have is called "colon care," it's plain psyllium husk powder, and I think it was about $6 for a big jar through my organic food co-op, but someplace like Vitamin World ought to have something. Rice bran will also work if you can find it. This jar will last forever at the rate I use it. Since my favorite organic store closed last year, the closest natural grocer is about 2 hours away (the old one was an hour away, but it was a great funky little place).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page