Goooooood Kitty! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Goooooood Kitty!

After years of trying, Assumpta has finally broken my lamp!

Years ago, someone gave me this inexpensive little ceramic lamp. I never liked it, but to keep the peace, I used it. Well, Assumpta developed this habit of knocking it off my bedside table every morning to let me know that it was time to feed the cat (and if that didn't work, she'd go to advanced techniques like sticking her paw up my nose, jumping on my bladder, and biffing me in the face). At first, I was really annoyed, but then I thought "Hey, I can use this to my advantage! I'll let her break it and take the blame...she won't care, and I'll get rid of the lamp without having to lie!"

So for a couple of years, I've just ignored the sound of the lamp falling off the table, looking forward to hearing a gratifying smash. All I ever heard was a thud. I've had to replace the shade a couple of times, but the ceramic base remained intact.

This morning, I heard a thud and a loud crraaacccckkk. I jumped out of bed and found the lamp in two distinct pieces. I have already done a respectful disposal of the remains, and installed an antique metal drafting lamp held onto the table with three industrial C-clamps, and a backup wall-mounted glass oil lamp with a shade that she can't possibly reach.

I am such a bad cat owner...getting the cat to do my dirty work for me like that. What a stylish team we are, Assumpta and I.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 10:49 AM

Hehehe. What a good girl Assumpta is. Taking care of mommy's unwanted things.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 11:19 AM

Hehehee.........what a good kitty! Can I borrow her? I got some stuff that needs to go as well!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 11:48 AM

Haha! That's cute. Maybe she didn't like the lamp either.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Banned

Ha, ha....that's a good story. I had a plant that was getting long in the tooth - had it for about 15 years, but was a favorite of mine and didn't want to retire it. Well, Rocket decided it for me one day by knocking it over. It was on a tall, tippy plant stand, so it's probably my own fault. But we're all getting along fine without it.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 02:01 PM

what was wrong with the plant? what type of plant was is? sorry, but i actually feel sorry for plants if i see them not being watered or cared for properly, just like animals. i have more than 13 african violets, a gigantic ivy that's attempting to take over my living room, and an orchid i planted in my crab turarium. if i go to a store that has plants, and i see that they are dry, i will actually find the hose they use, turn it on, and water them myself. or if they have a shade-loving plant out in the sun getting burned, i will tell them and make them move the plant. so what exactly was wrong with the plant?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 03:00 PM
Banned

It was a spiderplant (sp?), and it was just old and root-bound and I didn't really care to put it in a bigger pot because I had no place to put a plant of that size in a bigger pot. I guess I should hire you to take care of my plants because although I have had houseplants since I was 20, and I like having them, and have done OK with them, lately they're just too much time and effort and they pretty much get ignored. e.g. just get watered when they start getting droopy. poor plants!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 04:03 PM

spyder plants are weeds, i swear. my mom had one and she hated it. i don't do anything special to my plants besides water them. my ivy is root bound, but it's not getting a new pot. the african violets actually LIKE to be root bound.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste_Eden
what was wrong with the plant? what type of plant was is? sorry, but i actually feel sorry for plants if i see them not being watered or cared for properly, just like animals. i have more than 13 african violets, a gigantic ivy that's attempting to take over my living room, and an orchid i planted in my crab turarium. if i go to a store that has plants, and i see that they are dry, i will actually find the hose they use, turn it on, and water them myself. or if they have a shade-loving plant out in the sun getting burned, i will tell them and make them move the plant. so what exactly was wrong with the plant?
OMG, you sound like ME!!! I do the same thing at my Home Depot, Lowes, and the Longs. Half my orchid collection are of sad half-killed ones that just needed some nursing back to life. Also I got 'em at $5 each for my troubles, so that's good. I also have african violets too!

Sorry, Gudewife! Gee, it took Assumpta 2 years to get rid of that lamp for ya? Yup, you and Assumpta make an excellent stylish team!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 10:05 PM
Banned

Bad kitty!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page