He's going tomorrow :( - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

He's going tomorrow :(

Harley, the kitten we have at work is going tomorrow. My boss' brother (who is also a boss, just not my boss) who is not a cat person has had enough and said the kitten has to go or he will get rid of it himself (we dare not ask how). So we found a pet shop that will take him and find him a home.

So they are picking him up at 3 tomorrow and they are going to keep him in confinement for a week and test him for diseases etc. If the results are ok, they will find him a home, if not, they will bring him back to the SPCA where we had him originally and he will be put down.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 07:06 PM
Banned

Ouch....I sure hope he finds a nice home!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 12:35 AM

I am sorry. People who are not cat people lack compassion. Hopefully the kitten will find a home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 11:12 AM

Gosh - I'm so sorry. I've been tracking Harley's search for a new home. Anyone taking a business trip near PA? I would love to have him.

I hope he doesn't end up back at the SPCA. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Harley.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 12:48 PM

Why would they put him down? I thought most SPCA's didn't put any animal down unless they had to.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 01:01 PM

I think that now and the coming months are a busy season for shelters/SPCA..and there might be no room for another kitty
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 01:34 PM
MA

Hope Harley gets a nice and loving home. Thanks to you and the others for giving him a temporary but safe and loving environment. And your efforts with the pet store to take over. Sorry your boss is like that. Keep us posted.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 03:08 PM

icklemiss21 - I am so sorry to tell you this now, I didn't ask my husband if we could have harley because he said 3 was our limit so I tried my Mom and she said she wanted an older cat. I just emailed my husband and begged to take Harley in if he wasn't adopted and maybe we could find him a home while he stayed at our house. He said we could have him! I don't know if this helps now. I hope if he doesn't get adopted at the Pet store they will let you know. I don't want to see him get euthenized. My husband thinks a kitten would be good for our clan. I guess I should have asked earlier. I am so sorry, I know you have been holding out for awhile looking for a home for him.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Hes gone - but the lady at the pet shop said she had someone come in this morning who wants a kitten, but an older kitten so it doesn't have to be weaned etc still and can behave, but can still be trained - so hopefully she will take him.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 04:38 PM
Banned

I hope she will take him!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page