Addison's new best friend :) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
Addison's new best friend :)

The heating pad!!

I got one a week or two ago after having REALLY bad cramps during the wonderful "girl time" that were keeping me awake at night. Addison has been so cold lately because we haven't wanted to turn the heat up with the price of gas. We have leather furniture and wood floors in the living room, so he doesn't have a whole lot of warm places to curl up.

I got the idea to let him sleep on the heating pad and he LOVED IT! First, he was already laying on the back of the loveseat, so I draped it over him. I figured he'd get up and move in a second because he hates having anything but my hand on him (blankets, etc... already tried in bed) plus the pad is kinda heavy. But he just laid there and actually look upset when I took it off!

Then I put it on the couch and he went right to it and slept soundly for about an hour and a half. After that, my feet were cold, so I put up the footrest on the couch and put the pad over my feet... little booger walked over and laid right on top of it, on my feet!

I may take some pictures of it next time I bring it out, its really so cute.

And before I get yelled at, let me clarify a few things Its not an electric one that will overheat or anything. Its the gel kind you microwave to heat up. And I don't even make it close to hot. Its just warm enough to notice when you put your hand on it for a few seconds. Not enough to touch and go "wow, that IS warm" but much better than sleeping on cold leather. And the only thing that happens with time is it cools off. So even if I forget about it, he'll just get annoyed that it isn't warm anymore.

I've felt so bad for him this winter because there are times he really seems uncomfortably cold (even though it isn't THAT cold in our house). Now the only thing I have to worry about is keeping him off ME when I need to use it for cramps!

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 10:54 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
Haha when Buddy was a baby kitten and he was first brought into the house, we used a hot water bottle to keep him warm. We used to keep it wrapped in a blanket, and that was his bed. It broke after he'd been with us for a month or so, and started leaking, couldn't hold water anymore, so we had to take it away from him. He just seemed so SAD that it wasn't there anymore! So i understand Addisons love for the warm gooshy thing

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 02:11 AM

Thats darling. So sweet, I can't wait for pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 08:46 AM

My cats have figured out how to hit the button on the control for the electric blanket we have on the bed. Sometimes I'll come home to all 7 cats laying on my side of the bed, which is a very unusual occurrence. It took me a while to figure out that they had turned on the blanket.

Can't wait to see some pictures of Addison on his new bed! (You may just have to get him his own, I can imagine it will be quite difficult for you to use it when you need to.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page