Buddies Playing Rough - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Buddies Playing Rough

My kitten Garfield and our 4 year old male Tiger have become buddies since we brought Garfield home last week. My concern is that they tend to play hard. Garfield looks like he is scratching up Tiger and in response Tiger bites Garfield to the point where he is meowing for him to stop. After the rumble they still chase after each other.

My question is should I be worried that they will hurt each other or are they "made" to handle the brutality and scratching of this kind of behavior?

Also, Garfield looks like he has a cold. He sneezes, has watery eyes (not too much) and has a little dried "snot" around his nose. Will this go away or is it vet time?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 11:40 AM

Sounds like the older cat is being a little rough on the new guy since he's causing him to "squeel"...at the same time, it sounds like play too since they chase after each other.

Might want to step in a little quicker and get onto the bigger, stronger cat by telling him NO firmly when he does that. Maybe a tap on his butt as well so he'll associate it with "I did something wrong".

I've got 2 male kittens, brothers 5 months old and they can get really rough. I let them rumble until I see them start biting each other...that's when I break it up. If they get real bad and continue with it, I make them seperate. One cat at each end of the couch, but they have to stay apart for a while. Its not easy, but when they hear my voice get serious, they settle right down (for a while )

Its the kitten in them and I know they are just felling out their instincts as well, but I cannot stand for one to injure the other. That doesn't work around this camp!

Sorry I can't help you with medical issues...sounds like a cold or allergies to me. One of mine has sneezing fits anytime I change the litterpan...all that clay dust makes he and I both sneeze like crazy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page