Who let this lady work at my vet? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Who let this lady work at my vet?

I was at my boyfriend's house tonight taking to him mom about their pregnant cat. His mom informed me that a vet technician told her that "it is good for a cat to have at least one litter before she is spayed." WHAT?!?!?! A vet tech. is telling clients this? I am really mad about this. People belive what they are told at their vets and this women is telling clients the wrong info. I really like my vet, so I am thinking of calling him and telling him what is being said. I don't want to get this women in trouble, but I don't want her telling people this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 10:46 PM
Cat Addict

I would definitely call. This is such a common myth that shouldn't be spread around by someone at a vets office. Most people never, ever question what a vet or a vet tech tell them.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padunk
I would definitely call. This is such a common myth that shouldn't be spread around by someone at a vets office. Most people never, ever question what a vet or a vet tech tell them.
Exactly. People think if they hear from a vet then it must be true. That is the way it should be, but it isn't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 01:27 PM

Re: Who let this lady work at my vet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
His mom informed me that a vet technician told her that "it is good for a cat to have at least one litter before she is spayed." WHAT?!?!?!
Another WHAT???!!!!!!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superkitties
Quote:
His mom informed me that a vet technician told her that "it is good for a cat to have at least one litter before she is spayed." WHAT?!?!?!
Another WHAT???!!!!!!
I am confused?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 01:53 PM
Cool Cat

i would definitely call and ask to talk with an office manager. This has to be stopped.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
My guess is that the person who made that remark is either a receptionist or someone who helps to clean cages and feed the animals. Noone with any real training would say such a thing. However, people do tend to believe that if you work for a vet, you know what you're talking about. We need to take an active part in the health care of our cats, as we should about our own health. Don't be afraid to challenge what you know is wrong.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
My guess is that the person who made that remark is either a receptionist or someone who helps to clean cages and feed the animals. No one with any real training would say such a thing. However, people do tend to believe that if you work for a vet, you know what you're talking about. We need to take an active part in the health care of our cats, as we should about our own health. Don't be afraid to challenge what you know is wrong.
Nope, she was a vet tech. I actully know the vet tech she talked to.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Another WHAT???!!!!!!
I am confused?
Oh, just agreeing with you......after reading what the vet tech said, my first reaction was also "what?!".
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Another WHAT???!!!!!!
I am confused?
Oh, just agreeing with you......after reading what the vet tech said, my first reaction was also "what?!".
Oh I got you.

YOu were seconding my "what".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page