I'm *so* excited! Just adopted 2 more cats! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

I'm *so* excited! Just adopted 2 more cats!

I'm jumping with joy, so excited! I just rescued two sweeties from the city shelter. I was estastic when hubby agreed that we could have one more, but when I got to the shelter I just couldn't decide between these two. Both are wonderful in disposition and such charmers. They were both rolling onto their backs competing for my affection.

I've named one of them Zeus (he told me his name the minute I met him, lol). He has long, black hair and a beautiful face. Such a distinctive face and nose.

The other is still without a name....I'll have to study his personality a little more first. He's a DSH black & white tuxedo. He was wild before ending up at the shelter a few months back. He's since evolved into a very trusting and affectionate boy, but still needs some TLC. Poor baby has a dull coat and a few patches of hair missing.

Both are very clean and received their shots tonight. They're doing good, adjusting to the scent of the house in the laundry room.

The best part is that they all seem to be getting along well. Charlie is just pleased as pie to have some "friends" of the feline nature.

Pictures to come soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Premier Cat

Awesome!! Sounds like they are fitting right in.
I can't wait to see pictures of your new kitties!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 10:40 PM
Banned

So now you have 3 boy cats?? Heh, heh....you can see where I'm going with this....you still need one more, right??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timskitties
So now you have 3 boy cats?? Heh, heh....you can see where I'm going with this....you still need one more, right??
Ssshhh..don' tell hubby that!

Really, I went up to the shelter to rescue a female tabby. She was a doll, but after spedning some time with her I realized that she just wouldn't be a fit for our chaotic household. She was timid and it was obvious that my youngest child intimidated her. I'm sure she'll find a home soon, she's a gem. While I was holding her the tuxedo tom reached out, from his cage, and patted my leg. Love at first sight!

He's currently trying to establish his dominance over Charlie (biting the back of his neck). Poor Charlie doesn't know what to think about that. I'm thinking maybe I should keep them seperated awhile longer. Zeus, meanwhile, has been hiding in the hooded litter box all night.

Sorry to ramble, just excited.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 11:48 PM

Congrats on your new additions.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Thank you!

Tuxedo cat has made himself quite comfortable and is now marking his territory. He'll be neutered on Tuesday. Peeeewwww! He's confined to the garage for the time being.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllyMay
Thank you!

Tuxedo cat has made himself quite comfortable and is now marking his territory. He'll be neutered on Tuesday. Peeeewwww! He's confined to the garage for the time being.
Awwww.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 01:21 PM

Congratulations. Sounds like you have a wonderful house full of TONS of LOVE!!!!!! I envy people able to have mulltiple pets. I hope one day I will be one of them.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Thank you! Yep, the love is overflowing today, lol. My hubby wasn't too keen on the idea of another cat so I was very suprised that he not only agreed to one more, but two.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page