I'm so sad - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

I'm so sad

Hi, my name is Joshua and I am a new member to this forum. I have always loved cats and they have always been my #1 choice for a pet, but I had to move away from my other home where a had a cat for i think like 4 or 5 years. I wish that i could get one but my step-brother and step-mom are really allergic. Is there anything that can be done so that I can have a cat and there allergies be ok because I really want one really bad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Hi, Joshua! I'm so sorry you are unable to have a cat right now. Your mom and sister could ask an Allergist if there's anything he could suggest. I was unable to have a cat after the age of ten until I got married. (I've made up for it since!) My mother and father had lost several cats, and my mother was heartbroken. She spoiled my cats though!

Sadly, there is no such thing as a cat that will not cause allergic reactions, although the hairless Sphynx and the Devon Rex are as close as you can get.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 01:26 AM

I am allergic to cats and I have two!

I take Flonase and Singulair, it's working like a charm. Claritin-D works great too.

Also, wiping the kitties down with pet allergy wipes helps alot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Many people find that, after a while, they can tolerate their own pets. I don't think Joshua's is permitted to make the choice, though. Ask, Joshua; that's all you can do. I wish you the best.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 01:30 PM

I heard that also a MANX has a tendency to have less allergies and they are pretty cute. I think they have short back legs so they tend to walk/hop more like a rabbit and have stubby to no tail. Well that's what friend told me she had to get when her boyfriend moved in with his allergies.

Good luck and I hope you can find a solution. I have NO idea what I would if I was ever catless
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

wow thanks i will look more into those things and see if my step-mom and step-brother are willing to try them out. Maybe there is hope
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page