IS anyone else torn between cat and boyfriend? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

IS anyone else torn between cat and boyfriend?

I was so sad that I hadn't seen my kitty in over 24 hours. It's so hard because I live with my parents and they are about 20 mins from my work and then it is a family buisness so I work usually 10-14 hour days. Then I never get to see my boyfriend that much either and he lives 10 mins away so it's easier to just crash at his place when I'm at work really late.

Problem is My boyfriend seems to get jealous when I decide to drive the extra time late at night just to be with my little fuzzball.

Last night we were going to this party and on the way there I knew it would be too late and I would be too tired to drive home and I missed my Kilala so much I started crying.

Anyone else feel the same way so I know I'm not alone and over emotional. But Kilala needs me TOO I'm all he's got and I'm his Mommy doesn't matter that he still gets his food and everything. I'm the only one he plays with and follows around the house. But my boyfriend and I are in a commited long term relationship which we both know will eventually be marriage and we're planning on living together. I keep telling him "That's what you get for renting a non-pet friendly apartment".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Banned

Well, if your boyfriend gets jealous over your relationship with a cat I'd say he's not mature enough for you yet.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

well he's not overly jealous just a lil tinge I can tell. He'll be fine once we move in I think it's just hard because he wanted me to move in so badly and everthing is just right now but the no pet thing in his apartment so He'll have to wait because he KNOWS i won't leave my cat alone. He loves my cat too and loved it when I had it at his apartment secertly for a week.

He was also there at the shelter and helped me to pick out Kilala. I guess he's just being impatient more then jealous. Still it's really hard when I call my mom to tell her I'm not coming home that night and she puts Kilala on the phone and I can hear him mewing at me.

Also I seem to keep moving farther away since we've been together. I used to only live 5 mins away then my parents moved and then I moved to NYC for a couple months and now I'm back but still there is never enough time to spend with both my men. Kilala and Andy (BF).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 03:24 PM

Completely not the same thing... but I had to add it.

My bf and I were going through some problems a while back when I started gettting really homesick after moving to Canada from England and he said if I did want to move home that I could take Bumper because I couldn't ever live without him.

We occasionally argue over the amount of time I spend on the cats (or on the catforum when he wants to check football scores etc) but usually the cat wins and he copes with it ok.

It must be hard with him having a non pet apartment, but its great he likes Kilala... and I am sure things will be ok once you move together. I miss my cats when I am away, but try not to worry too much, they are very independent and can cope for a night. You also have social needs etc and being down over missing Kilala may make your boyfriend resent Kilala to some extent as he will feel that the small amount of time you do get to spend with him isn't quality time. (And trust me, I know how a family business leaves no time for a cat or bf).

Good luck, but try not to worry too much!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
I can't say Simon is ever jealous of Dylan but he does get angry if Dylan does stuff he KNOWS he shouldn't... (ya know that "I'm gonna push my luck but as soon as anyone sees me I am gonna run off and hope they don't notice me" sort of situation).

Usually when Simon is particularly stressed it happens - every other time Dylan is "beautiful" and the like

Hayley x x
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the support and kind words...... I think being on the forum has made me alot more sensitve to my cats needs then I used to be WHICH I find is really good for both us.

Also I think sometimes I forget how hard it is for my boyfriend. He's used to living with roomates but got a single apartment and I think he really misses having a pet too because he's always had a whippet (greyhound like dog). We're just counting down the months till his lease is over and then it's ME, Kilala and hopefully another feline addition.

sorry MOD i guess this should of gone into the lounge and not cat chat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page