Tux Kitty (thoughts & help with a name) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Tux Kitty (thoughts & help with a name)

If you could spare a thought or prayer for him today I'd appreciate it. He is one of the sweeties that I brought home last Friday. Tux kitty is being neutered today, but I also decided to have him tested for leukemia. When he received his shots on Friday they did not test for this. After observing him for several days, I'm a little worried. I have lost a cat to this disease before and it seems that Tux Kitty is acting similiar to how Chelsea did in her mid stages of leukemia. Not to mention that he spent many years of his life as a feral. Although it could be contributed to nerves, from being in a new place. I'll know more this afternoon. He is such a sweet little boy, I really hope that all is well with him.

On a lighter note, check out his picture and let me know if you have any suggestions for names. https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=16196 I'm having a terrible time naming him. I must warn you, I have had 37 cats and do not reuse names, lol. I prefer people names, but will use a cute pet name, too. He is very laid back, extremely affectionate and cautious. He was once a feral and a fighter and has some scars to show for it. He's charming, too. So far I have:

Mr. Bond (sorry, just don't care for the name James)
Moe
Pluto

Ugh, I really need some help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Well, that was quick. The vet just called and said that he tested negative for leukemia, positive for tapeworms (kind of expected that) and that the neutering went well. I'll pick him up this afternoon. I see alot of views, but no responses. So if you bothered to read this, thanks for the thoughts!
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 10:54 AM

I like the idea of calling him Bond. If you get mad at him you could yell "Mr. Bond!" like when our parnets used our full names to yell at us.

I am glad to hear that he is doing well. Hope you feel better soon Bond !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 11:07 AM

how about Pacino? Since he was feral and then laid back also a tux reminds me of scarface

UGH! I LOVE coming up with names and I'm at work all day. Tell me to stop at ANYTIME because once I get going.............. kee kee kee
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Very cute! No, please, keep 'em coming!
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 11:46 AM

Aiite here are a couple more. I Keep going off the fact that you said he was Feral and that makes me think GANGSTA!

Deniro ( he has this look in his eyes like Deniro in Meet the Fockers)
Damian or Bruce just some strong thuggish names
Clyde ( you know bonnie/clyde but with all your cats I'm sure you've used this before)

Lastly for this post Harvey, it's the name of Two-face from Batman before he had his accident and he was a Gangster too.

Oh course my boyfriend always wants to call all male cats HELLBOY since Hellboy loved cats. and he thinks they are evil JUST because My Kilala loves to sneak up behind him and smack him in the head.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 01:09 PM

He looks like a warrior to me! Some ideas I found...

BALIN - Mighty Warrior (Hindu)
CALHOUN - Warrior (Celtic)
DONOVAN - Dark Warrior (Celtic)
GIDEON - Great Warrior (Hebrew)
GUNTHER - Warrier (Scandinavian)
WALTER - Warrior (German)
CYNBAL - Warrior (Welsh)
IGOR - Warrior of Peace (Russian)
MALIN - Little Warrior

Ems x
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 01:21 PM

EllyMay
Your new babie is just gorgeous. I think Rhett (as in Rhett Butler) would be a great name for him. Rugged and tough.

I'm so glad he tested negative, I've been holding my breath.

I have a cat (20 years old) named Maxwell (Max) he is still as fiesty as ever! Another suggestion. I like Bruce too.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 01:25 PM

How about a good Greek type warrior name like
Hector
Achilles
Odyseuess
Hercules
Ares
AJAX
Jason

He also kinda reminds me of a Halequin jester with the way his tuxedo is maybe Harley?

Jerome

I still like Pacino though
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Oooh, I like Gideon. Pacino is still neat, too. Rhett is great, too. I've just yet to find "the one" name, you know? Anyone know of any characters that were warriors, but gentle too? Or charming warriors, lol? He seems (personality wise) too quiet for too big of a name. Yet, a weaker name wouldn't suit him either. *sigh*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page