No stick cooking spray and litter - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,709
No stick cooking spray and litter

I know someone posted this a while back, but I wanted to tell everyone about this.

Last night I changed all my litter. I decided I was going to give spraying the non stick cooking spray in the box a chance. I sprayed the bottom, corners and low sides of the boxes and my scoopers. I have now scooped the boxes 4 times. NOTHING sticks!!! I love it. I usually have a problem with litter sticking to my scoops the most, well not anymore

Just thought I would share.
fbodgrl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 11:15 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 12,643
Thanks!! That's how we learn.
coaster is offline  
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,709
I just scooped this morning...I'm still in amazement
fbodgrl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 03:31 PM
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,697
Thanks....I have also thought about doing this....
But I was afraid the smell of the spary would deter them from the box.
I also have wanted to try coffee grounds in with the litter.
I am also chicken to try that....because Duchess already having some
behavior issues...I would hate to make them worse.

Oh and which exact cooking spray did you buy???
I think I will try it too.
BoscosMum is offline  
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 03:34 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoscosMum
Thanks....I have also thought about doing this....
But I was afraid the smell of the spary would deter them from the box.
I also have wanted to try coffee grounds in with the litter.
I am also chicken to try that....because Duchess already having some
behavior issues...I would hate to make them worse.

Oh and which exact cooking spray did you buy???
I think I will try it too.
What will coffee grounds do? Help with the smell?
Adrienne is offline  
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,697
Yeah there was suggestion a while back about
coffee grounds in the litter eliminates the smell.
I cant remember who was the original poster.
I remember they guarantee it works...but I cant recall how much
you should use??? I am waiting for more brave souls to try it!
BoscosMum is offline  
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 03:50 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoscosMum
Yeah there was suggestion a while back about
coffee grounds in the litter eliminates the smell.
I cant remember who was the original poster.
I remember they guarantee it works...but I cant recall how much
you should use??? I am waiting for more brave souls to try it!
I think I will. Elliott doesn't seem to be very picky out her litter- where it is at, what kind she uses or when it is cleaned. I will try it in the next few days and tell you how it works.
Adrienne is offline  
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 04:01 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 12,643
I just don't know Adrienne....every time I read your posts and look at your avatar, I just totally disconnect. Sort of a gender jar. Don't take me wrong, I'm not being critical, it's just me. Never seen a female use a male avatar, and it throws me for a loop. I guess you just have to be me. (Not that anyone in their right mind would actually want to).

Hope you had a good laugh, anyway.
coaster is offline  
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 04:29 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by timskitties
I just don't know Adrienne....every time I read your posts and look at your avatar, I just totally disconnect. Sort of a gender jar. Don't take me wrong, I'm not being critical, it's just me. Never seen a female use a male avatar, and it throws me for a loop. I guess you just have to be me. (Not that anyone in their right mind would actually want to).

Hope you had a good laugh, anyway.
I know what you mean. I forget sometimes that is my avatar. I will read the post and think "Hey, I said that!" and then I realize I was reading my own post. I still have not gotten use to it.
Adrienne is offline  
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 05:26 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 76
Really? I'll have to try that! Right now I use a spray I bought at Pet Smart called "Stink-Free"... and it helps with the sticking. But if I can avoid buying cans of that... and use cooking spray (which I always have in my cupboards) it might be worth it.
The Cat's Pyjamas is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome