How do I use Yesterdays News? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

How do I use Yesterdays News?

We just switched over from Swheat Scoop litter to Yesterday's news because it was causing Ollie to sneeze a lot. He had yest. news when he was a kitten at the cattery so I thought it would be an easy transition for him. Do I scoop out the pee? Do I change it after a certain amount of time? I have 2 litter boxes and one cat. How do you use it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 02:20 PM

I wish I had answers for that one... I only used it when I got peppermint declawed.but I hope you find out and when you do please share.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 03:12 PM
Banned

There's a website for it. Hopefully, your questions can be answered there. http://www.yesterdaysnews.com . There are some members here who use it, so maybe they'll drop by and post their experiences. I haven't used it myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the site! It does say to remove waste so I guess you can use it for awhile. I didn't know they had a softer more clay like kind. I may try that one.

Hopefully someone who has used will tell me what they think.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 03:38 PM

I used it for a little while and I really hated. The vet recommned it after my cat was neutered.

It was really hard to tell what to scoop out and what not to. I would go in and scoop out the poo and if I could find where he had peed I would scoop that out. And about every 5 days just throw all the litter out and put new litter in.

When my second cat was spayed. We shredded up newspaper ourself w/ a paper shredder and put in the box. That was a lot easier to see where she had peed at. It is also cheaper.

I think becuase the Yesterdays news litter was dark it was hard to tell if had been peed on, but you could tell when the newspaper shreads were darker. I am not sure if that makes sense.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 09:31 PM

is this stuff the same as Good Mews? I have been using Good Mews mixed with clumping sand, I like the combination. I scoop the doo-doo, and the urine seems to absorb to the bottom of the pan. I add a few scoops of each everyday, and change all of it once a week. So far, so good!!! I didn't like sand alone, it was tracking too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page