Good Cat Toys - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Good Cat Toys

There must be a wealth of ideas here on what makes good cat toys... and what doesn't make good cat toys.

Frodo now has the usual balls, chew toys, mice, and such. But I was wondering if he is missing out on something that would really get him excited and occupied for hours on end.

Suggestions of what toys your cat absolutely adores?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 09:54 PM

Everyone says the Da Bird is the greatest toy. I bought one a few weeks ago. My cats really aren't to into it. I have also heard that Panic mouse 360 is good, but I haven't bought it yet.

Mine have the usual mice, balls, ping pong balls. They have the circle thing that has the ball in it (spins around in a cirlce. I'm not sure what it is called.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 10:11 PM
Cat Addict

Da bird and mice that have the little balls inside them so they rattle are fan favorites around here.

Cat dancer went over well, and so do "fishing pole" toys. (Just something on a stick attached to an elastic string.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Banned

The toy mice that have stuff in them that rattles (unfortunetly we cannot find them anymore), teasers and balls.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 09:36 PM

Des... I just Boomer the mice that rattle from Ryans Pet Foods near my house! I haven't seen any in ages either but they had tons of them in today

My boys will make a toy out of pretty much anything, Boomer wanted my hair eleastic so bad today he actually bit it off my hair!

But they love the panic mouse 360, the catdancer, those little sponge balls with dimples, furry mice with rattles, this bird thing we bought that you attach to the ceiling and it flies in circles (but they broke it and I am not paying for another one)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 09:37 PM

Des... Ooohh and my boyfriend said Zellers have them too, but they are so tightly packed that they don't sound like they have the rattles but they do. They are the pack with 9 mice in rows of 3 where they are either half white half green or half white half red.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 09:41 PM

Unfortunatly my cats don't have any toys since the dogs came to live with us. Cat toys are apparently just the right size for a dog snack
Don't feel too bad for them, they still have toys, just not normal toys. Korbel's favorite thing in the whole wide world is a straw. A drink straw from a fast food restaurant. That can entertain her for HOURS. Especially when it's dry here and gets staticy, the straw will usually end up sticking to her belly and she is so funny trying to get it off. In the pre-dog life I could buy all the toys I could find and NOTHING topped the straw

Jennifer
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 07:07 PM

Da Bird! Dusty also has a remote control mouse that he loves. Crinkly balls, stuffed dog toys, the cat track thing by petmate
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss21
Des... I just Boomer the mice that rattle from Ryans Pet Foods near my house! I haven't seen any in ages either but they had tons of them in today
Really? I just bought some in the dollar store for Sully! He likes the shiny crinkle balls so far I am not sure about the mice just yet.

Our girls don't like any toys I bring them home. I have just ordered Da Bird but I have a feeling it won't get them excited. We tied a small piece of cloth to a long string and attached it to a pole and used to drag across the floor slowly and it would send Tasha bolting after it. She got bored of that after 2 months. Now she just likes string and hair elastics flying across the floor. Angel likes paper balls thrown against the wall so she can catch them with her "pout" little declaw paws or in her in mouth.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 10:01 PM

My cats favourite toy of all time (bearing in mind they like lasers and I only discovered this new toy a few weeks ago)

You know the lasers you get for making straight lines for painting, putting up shelves etc... well I was putting up some more shelves (my books are getting out of control) and Magnum started flying up at the red line... immediately followed by the other three (and I didn't know Scully could jump that high)... well off goes the shelf and the four of them are jumping at the wall for a good hour (the thing sticks to the wall and makes a line across the wall).

Anyway, I put up the shelf and they now have a new wall with the laser on it, keeps them amused for ages and I don't have to do anything except laugh at them when they fall on their butts or bang heads jumping at the same time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page