Talking cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Talking cat

My 12 year old cat shabby has as habbit of speaking. Well i say speak, he only knows one word: ''ham''. Since he was a kitten he has always loved it and when i call him i will shout - ''shabby ham''. For about 5 years now he will come up to the fridge and say ''ham'' to me. I always find this cute - even though i have heard it so many times - and give him ham as a reward, (which has led to him getting very porky ) I will have to get a video of him saying this as soon as i work it out! Has anyone else had a cat talking experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 10:20 AM

Yup - I am sure one of my cats calls me 'mam'!!!!

I look after my best friend's Maine Coone, Madison, when she goes on holiday. He comes to stay here, and spends nights shut up in my spare room. Last time, I woke up in the middle of the night to hear a creepy childs voice yelling 'HELP'! I was petrified...it turned out to be Madison, meowing in way that sounded so much like my worst nightmare - a creepy kid demon in my house!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 10:54 AM

My kitten lived at my parents' for about a month after I moved out. She would sit at the back door and cry, every so often saying, "Mama."

I didn't believe them when they told me this ... But I have heard her say it once and it's really strange.

And when she gets tuna, she'll go "Yum, yum, yum" as she eats it.

We recorded this, so I need to put it up somewhere to let everyone hear just how strange this cat is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 02:05 PM

Ohhh, all the kitties sound so adorable! I saw a kitty that also said something human-like in a Funny Video show (?), and I *think* he said "Oh no, oh no, oh no no noooo", or something along those lines. It was so cute.

Ginza will sometimes say "NOooooWWW???", and Pixie will say "Whyyyyyyyy?" Mozart and Kayla just meow, no discernable words.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 12:15 AM

The kitty we had when I was growing up was indoor/outdoor. She would stand at the back door and ask to go out. "Kitty you want to go OUT?" "Out!". No idea how she decided to pronoun the "T" but she would snap her mouth shut very quickly and it was clearly "out"... she knew what it meant too, she only said it when standing at the door!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page