Does anyone else's cat do this? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
Does anyone else's cat do this?

Miko is a freak. I've come to accept this. I love my little monkey to death, but lately she's been especially...odd.

She's been laying down and going to sleep in the middle of the floor . I figured cats like to sleep somewhere elevated, or at least more enclosed, but she's flopping right in the middle of the floor. This morning she was sleeping in the entry to the hallway. We had to go over and around her, and she didn't budge. It's like having a dog again

Last night she curled up and went to sleep in the middle of my floor, and I nearly tripped over her going to bed. It's not like she's laying in an especially comfortable spot (the hallway is wood-floored) and there's no sun to bask in. She doesn't seem to care how high traffic the area is (and this isn't exactly a quiet household), she just lays down and stretches out...

freakish cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Oh yeah, and she's also taken a really strange liking to my dad's briefcase If it's left open, she's nearly guaranteed to be sleeping in it. The other day, I came out of my room to see her in the briefcase (which was on the counter, btw - naughty, naughty) and her head was hanging off one side and her legs off the other.

Didn't even budge when I came over... no shame that cat has, no shame
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 09:55 AM
Cool Cat

Sleeping on floor

Yes Jimmy does it -usually in the hall or the living room
He often takes a nap on the hall floor, or anywhere else he pleases!
At night he varies where he sleeps. If he sleeps in the bedroom, he'll join us on the bed. But if he sleeps in the living room, he *always* flops down in the middle of the floor. He never sleeps on the chairs.

seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 09:56 AM

Mine will lay down and sleep almost anywhere,(as you can tell by my other post) including the floor. I think they do it when they feel safe enough to?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 09:57 AM

Yea. Ebony sleeps in the middle of the hall. DOn't know how many times I have almost stepped on him. He is black and at night you can't see him.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemonkey
Oh yeah, and she's also taken a really strange liking to my dad's briefcase If it's left open, she's nearly guaranteed to be sleeping in it. The other day, I came out of my room to see her in the briefcase (which was on the counter, btw - naughty, naughty) and her head was hanging off one side and her legs off the other.

Didn't even budge when I came over... no shame that cat has, no shame
Well Kiera loves suitcases!

She also likes to sit on my violin case if I leave it on my bed.

Lately, actually, she has been choosing to nap on the bag I take my gym clothes to and from work in... I guess she likes the smell of my dirty, sweaty clothes
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 10:12 AM

Charlie & Mikko sleep on the floor, too. They are pretty used to the commotion in our house from 2 kids and 2 dogs. They'll snooze away while everyone steps over them. Moses prefers to sleep in hubby's bathroom sink.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Yeah, she's the first of 8 cats that has ever done this Usually, the children running back and forth, and my dad's big workboots are enough to make them want to sleep somewhere more secure. But not my monkey
She is - by far - the most laidback and completely trusting cat we have ever had. She just knows we won't hurt her
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 01:54 PM

Theo always sleeps right in the middle of the floor, and doesn't even move in the face of a morning canine stampede!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 02:01 PM
Cat Addict

I guess I never thought about it before, but all three of mine are floor sleepers -- usually close to a wall though, not in the middle of the floor.

They also love to get in the suitcase when I'm packing or unpacking, and Nico loves to climb in my bf's backpack (he's also been known to climb into the sleeve of a coat and fall asleep).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page