Getting frustrated... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Getting frustrated...

I'm still looking to adopt a kitten- and there aren't ANY around here! I do realize that 'kitten season' will be in a month or so, but I'm being very childish. I want one NOW! The fact that there aren't kittens all over the place is actually a good sign, meaning that perhaps people are taking more responsibility for their pets, but that's not helping me. I want a kitty soon because I'm a gardener, I want it to get used to being in the house before I'm outside a lot. I train my cats to go outside when I'm out and to stay in the yard, so I want to start with a kitten before it gets warm (IF it ever does!)
Well, I'm not looking for a solution, just wanted to vent! Everyone here will know when I finally find one, I'm sure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 05:25 PM
Banned

One month isn't long to wait for a pet that will be with you for 15 years or more. Be patient!! You and your kitty will find each other soon enough!!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 05:37 PM

Where do you live in Ohio... I have a friend down there who is always telling the shelter is full of kittens and she wants to take another one home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 07:23 PM

I hope you can find a kitten soon. I'm also looking for another cat.

How are you able to train your cats to stay in the yard? That would be cool...I'd be so worried Sid would get away, though.

Good Luck and keep us posted!

Katie
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 08:45 PM
Cool Cat

I don't know where you are in Ohio, but there were 502 young cats/kittens on petfinder.com when I did a search for young cats in your state. You might wade through those and see if there is a kitten who looks like who you've been searching for.

Good luck, I hope you find your little one soon! Let us know when the magic happens!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

I'm in Toledo. I haven't had luck wth Petfinder, for various reasons ( the local Humane Society told me they don't even bother putting kittens on there, 'cause they go so fast!) I could still try it again, maybe.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Cat Addict

You could also call your vet (or several vets) and tell the office you are looking for a kitten. Alot of the time, they know which clients have pregnant cats or people who have brought in litters for their first shots, etc.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 11:00 PM

http://www.plannedpethood.org/cat%20page.htm
Farley, Fancy, Farah, Frankie and Ferdinand: Ready to go home Saturday March 26th-Five 9 week old kittens. Farley is a male siamese mix, Fancy a female siamese mix, Farah a gray female, Frankie a black male and Ferdinand a gray and white male. WON'T LAST! Kittens are extra friendly, loving and very tame. Contact foster mom at 419-478-2072. 3/24

http://www.toledohumanesociety.com/catadopt.html

http://www.maumeevalleysaveapet.org/cats.asp

Hope these help
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 09:43 AM

Try finding a no kill shelter in the area. My guess would be they may have kittens.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 12:18 PM

If your in Toledo Have you tried looking at some of the closeby Michigan Shelters. I see a lot of Kittens on Main Coon Rescue in your area. If you ever want to take a Trip down to Columbus or Powell there are TONS of Kittens that are fostered and in the Shelters. My local Shelter www.cozycatcottage.com just got in some kittens when I visited two days ago! Also I sure if you call ahead and fax in an application you could take one home that day instead of having to wait 24 hours. GOOD LUCK!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page