new kitten - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2005, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

new kitten

Well, I went to the shelter today and put my name on the list for a short haired male kitten, any color. I know I am going to take down the drapes until he is over the climbing phase. Any other suggestions. My sofa and Chair are covered pretty well and are not very new. The sofa has seen better days. I've got the new carrier, litter box, kitten food. Checked with the vet. I wonder if I forgot anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2005, 08:11 PM
Banned

Scratching posts, cat condo, cat tree, cat bed, cat perch, cat toys, urine cleaner, pooper scooper, collar, harness, leash, pet stroller, kitty litter, kitty litter, kitty litter, etc etc ..... (the list is almost endless)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2005, 08:18 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
Yup, tims about covered it! I wouldn't worry about the furniture, if you train your new kitten to scratch only the scratching posts, your furniture will be unscathed Good luck with the new addition!

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Banned

Do not forget food dishes. Or will you be using the ones your previous kitty ate/drank from?

Which style of kitty litter are you using for when you get a new kitten?

Anyway, good luck to you and I hope you get to adopt a new kitten soon. Btw, would you adopt an adult cat?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2005, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

I forgot to say that I bought all the afore mentioned items. I was so upset when Clark died that I threw away all his stuff, so everything is new. I am using tidy cats scoop clumping litter. I buy it at the comissary for 8 dollars and change for 35 pounds. I thought of an adult adoption, but I want to train the new guy to walk with a leash and harness like Clark did. Other than that he is not going outside. Since I live in a travel trailer the daily walks were neat for both of us.

oops, no cat condo or cat tree, space is limited. I have overhead storage that Clark liked to hang out in when he was young enough to jump up there. Thanks for your help. Any thing else I forgot?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2005, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrmason
I am using tidy cats scoop clumping litter. I buy it at the comissary for 8 dollars and change for 35 pounds.
Be careful when using clumping litter with a new kitten. A member here adopted a cat only to have it pass away a few days later. They used clumping litter and it is suspected that the kitten may have ingested the litter.

Of course, if clumping litter was used at the shelter AND the shelter operators have not reported any problems, then that will be fine. But observe any new kitten/cat that has never used clumping litter. I would feel so bad to have anything happen.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2005, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the heads up. I will go out and buy some regular litter until the little guy gets older. Why take a chance. I have had enough heartaches this month. John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page