Neutered Male time of month - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Neutered Male time of month

Yes that's right oddly enough even though Kilala is neutered every other month around this time he is INSANE! I think maybe my neighbors female cat isn't spayed and that's why he get's a lil crazy. We live in a condo that has 4 units to each buildling so some of the ventilation connects is my guess.

I've taken him to the vet before the first time his mood changed so dramatically but he assured me nothing was wrong and went through the usual blood and urine tests. Ahhh yes the first time this happened we thought hmmmm he wants a bath? he's Itchy soo poor guy ended up with three baths that week since we couldn't figure him out.

Now we've come to accept that everyso often he Sticks his butt up and marches with his back feet only scooting along the floor, meowing constantly and being EXTRA EXTRA lovey to the point where he will rub at you and roll around until he falls off the couch or bed over and over again and never seems to land on his feet either.

The only big concern with this is that he hardly eats and or drinks water so we have to find better ways to bribe him like with canned food or wet foods. GOOD thing is he has a MIGHTY appetite when he's done being a weirdo for that couple days or week.

Anyways just wanted to share and see if anyone else has something similar!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 03:49 PM
Banned

Hmmmm....haven't experienced that with either of my boys. Maybe the veterinary surgeon missed one?
(Seriously, it HAS happened)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 03:54 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by timskitties
Hmmmm....haven't experienced that with either of my boys. Maybe the veterinary surgeon missed one?
(Seriously, it HAS happened)
I agree with Tim on this one, it's entirely possible the neuter did not remove all the 'parts' completely, i'd take him to a vet at EXACTLY the time he's having these episodes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

I've already done that twice now (to the vet's that is) and he's ALL A OK! I think he's just crazy. I'm going to ask my neighbors tonight if their cats or neutered because I have a feeling they aren't since they were outdoor farmcats before they moved next to us.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 04:05 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by tornangel012
I think maybe my neighbors female cat isn't spayed and that's why he get's a lil crazy.
Well, they removed the equipment, not the ability to smell
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 04:26 PM
Banned

Yes, but without the hormones, there shouldn't be the same reaction. Or am I way off base on that? (Don't have any experience with intact cats -- just trying to learn something here ).
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Well he is VERY sensitive from the smell of other cats, he gets mad at me if I just visit the shelter. From what the vet told me female cats in heat have a much more pungant smell.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE!!!!!!!!! Took Kilala to the vet yesterday and discussed this "time of the month" further and Whoever said that He can still smell regardless of stick and bits was RIGHT!!!!!!!!

My neighbors cat is confirmed to not be fixed and Kilala is totally picking it up and it's bothering him. My vet told me that a male cat can smell a female cat in heat up to 2 miles away and having one so close to him is REALLY driving him nutty. My vet is such a good person we discussed declawing and how thye don't promote that at his office and also how spaying and neutering he feels is something neccesary to cat health unless a breeder even then after a certain amount of litters is should be considered.

Oh and Kilala was SUCH an ANGEL! PUrred the whole time and even walked into his carrier on his own.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Premier Cat

It sounds like you have a great vet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page