hi! newbie here - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

hi! newbie here

hi everybody! well, i'm new to this forum obviously...i have two cats, andre and twix. i also have a rat, sophie (stands for sapphire). im a member of the rat and mouse club of america, too, and just found this one (i've been looking for a cat place, too!). i'm vegetarian (but im not a stuck up one who thinks its wrong to eat meat...its just what i feel like doing) and the thing i love most in the world is ANIMALS! when i get a job, i want to work with animals who have been abused, get them to trust again, then find them a loving home! and one more thing...i dont want to end up saying anything socialy unacceptable on this forum. at the rmca, people dont talk about feeder rats and mice (which are kept in horrible conditions and fed to snakes) because it upsets too many people there. if there are things like that here that it isnt a good idea to talk about, please let me know. i dont want to offend anyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 09:38 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
kitty_miss
the thing i love most in the world is ANIMALS! when i get a job, i want to work with animals who have been abused, get them to trust again, then find them a loving home!
Welcome.. Are you volunteering now at a shelter or rescue group right now? It would be a perfect experience for you. I know you will enjoy cat forum. Do you have pictures of your kittys and rats?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Welcome.. Are you volunteering now at a shelter or rescue group right now? It would be a perfect experience for you. I know you will enjoy cat forum. Do you have pictures of your kittys and rats?
right now i volunteer at the oregon zoo. there is a program called zoo teens, its no pay, but its the only program in america where the kids get to feed/take care of the goats, the petting-animals, and we even run a whole farm exhibit on our own! its realy cool. i also want to volunteer with the ASPCA, but i dont think they have an oregon chapeter yes i hvae pictures! i am a camera addict i just have to load them on my computer someday (i havent got around to it for ages ) im sure ill love this forum! if its all about cats, what could go wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 09:55 PM
Banned

Welcome!! Glad to have you here!!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 10:16 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
Welcome to the forum! Good to have you here

You asked about "sensitive subjects"... there are a few, but we as a forum have been getting better at dealing with things calmly and rationally instead of "going off" on anyone who brings them up, so in general you should be safe But the common subjects of heated debates are: declawing, indoor/outdoor and if it comes up irresponsible breeding. I think those are the biggest ones, but I'm sure someone will give you a heads up if I've forgotten something

And can I say I loved this:
Quote:
i'm vegetarian (but im not a stuck up one who thinks its wrong to eat meat...its just what i feel like doing)
I've been thinking about slowly cutting meat out of my diet, starting with red, and seeing how I do. But I'm totally afraid to EVER call myself a vegetarian because of this stigma! lol (and there are a LOT of vegans at my school that hate vegetarians and meat eaters and think they're morally better than everyone...)

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

well, the declawing...i dont agree with that. softclaws are so much better! (the little nail caps). indoor/outdoor...there are pros and cons of both, but ours are indoor just cuz we live in an area with a ton of townhomes, w/ not much forest. and our boys were orphaned as little kittens, they dont know how to hunt. and breeding...if you are very responsible, i dont hate you, but in general i think breeding is adding to the number of cats already in shelters. but on most things im easy-going, unless its actualy animal cruelty, then, *pow* im off
and lol i dont think im moraly better...the one thing is i cant wait till the day im talking to someone about inhumane treatment of livestock, and the person goes 'you eat the meat too dont act high and mighty' then i can go 'no i dont eat the meat im veggie' but thats only if someone is being a jerk.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 01:29 AM

i MIGHT be a veggie someday... but not yet cause id need to have stuff to eat (im picky and you should know that kitty_miss ). i dont eat much meat, only pepperoni/salami sometimes.

awww twix (my cat) is rubbing on my legs, flopping, rolling, having his head upside down... all that to get pets. i think hes saying "bedtime!!!" (coughcough pet-time). .
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 03:27 AM

to the forum!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 09:30 AM

I, like my feline counterpart, love meat.

Humans would not be where we are today if it wasn't for the protein we eat, because that protein allowed us to develop our brains better over time. How else do you think cats are so smart?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidt
I, like my feline counterpart, love meat.

Humans would not be where we are today if it wasn't for the protein we eat, because that protein allowed us to develop our brains better over time. How else do you think cats are so smart?
I think what she is referring to is the heated debate of eating meat from animals that have been treated cruelly. I myself love meat and agree it is a staple part of our diet but if you did the research and seen how the animals can be treated you may be as disgusted as myself and only buy from trusted farmers. Some chose not to eat meat, others like myself chose to buy meat from alternative sources where we know where the meat came from.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page