Possible Group Buy for Cat Condos - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Possible Group Buy for Cat Condos

My boyfriend and his brother are currently building the cat gym/condo from the plans on HGTV. My bf's brother says it isnt that complicated and wants to build more than 1 to sell on ebay. I gave the idea that before we put them on ebay, we should do a group buy for the cat lovers of this forum. We arent sure if we are just going to build the same gym from the plans, or try and change it up with a few different ones, with different levels etc.

My question is, who is willing to jump in in a group buy for these? Ill definetly get more information as we go along, but for now, lets try 10 people for 10 gyms.

Prices will range from $65-80, not including cost of shipping, which will be calculated later. Also, with the extra wood we have left, they will be building scratching posts, which may be sold seperately, or just added in with the cat condo as a free gift.

I will post pics up AS SOON as they are finished with the first one so you can see the product. This is just to see how many people are interested in this group buy.

Also, if anyone has a specific cat condo that they want to see built, or what type of fabric to use, then let us know, we want to build what everyone wants for their feline friends.

Let me know if you are interested, and keep your eyes open for the next couple weeks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2005, 12:07 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
I'd be interested, but my cat probably wouldn't.

I bought one I really liked on ebay a while back... cow print, really cute, three levels including one that was enclosed as a little hideaway area. When I got it, I was disappointed that it was wood with a really thin layer of fabric, not very cushy at all! I should have known better... Addison completely ignored it and it has become quite the crap collecting post!

I was thinking of selling it to someone at work... then I also thought about trying to redo it myself - getting some padding and soft covering. But he never was much of a climber/high places type of cat. Of course I'll probably still save it for my next addition after I move out on my own

I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd buy a condo for such a good price!!

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2005, 12:11 AM

Glad you found the plans useful! I still haven't finished mine yet because Magnum keeps climbing on it while I am trying to do it and i don't have the heart to take him off it.

We ended up changing ours slightly from the plans, our cats are big and the box at the top would be too small for them to really enjoy it so they are just having a perch there.

make sure you post some photos when its done!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2005, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsnobunnieO
I'd be interested, but my cat probably wouldn't.

I bought one I really liked on ebay a while back... cow print, really cute, three levels including one that was enclosed as a little hideaway area. When I got it, I was disappointed that it was wood with a really thin layer of fabric, not very cushy at all! I should have known better... Addison completely ignored it and it has become quite the crap collecting post!

I was thinking of selling it to someone at work... then I also thought about trying to redo it myself - getting some padding and soft covering. But he never was much of a climber/high places type of cat. Of course I'll probably still save it for my next addition after I move out on my own

I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd buy a condo for such a good price!!
i never thought of the padding in part of the construction, what kind of padding or soft covering do you suggest?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2005, 02:11 AM

I haven't seen the one you are talking about - do you have a picture of the plans? I know we can't buy one right this second - because Momo is comming and we'll need the extra money to take her the vet etc.

However... If I can see those plans (what it would look like in general to see if it would fit into our house since space is tight some places)... Halifax's birthday is comming up in late April... and we need to get him a gift. *hint* *hint* And I could tell Brad that you guys are hand making them for very good prices. *hint* *hint*

Ok - enough of my weirdness. If they are really good plans and made really nice and comfy for kitties - I can't see why we wouldn't get one. I still have to run it by Brad though - he is the one with the $$$.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2005, 09:59 AM

This is the original plans from HGTV - I have built most of mine and it is 2ft 4" across

MissMadison - hope you don't mind me stealing the thread!

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2005, 10:30 AM

Ooh! Is that a pagoda style house on the top?!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
I think a really thick carpet would be enough cushion, but if someone didn't want carpet (say they really liked something silly like cow print! ) something simple like the padding you can put inside a pillow before you stuff it to keep it feeling even? I don't do projects like this, so I don't know specifics about what things are called (or if they really exists!) but just a thin foam padding between the wood and fabric seems like a good idea.

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2005, 10:39 PM

Wow looks great

I wouldn't be able to have one in the house...maybe in my room...but my room is very small.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 12:22 AM

I would be interested in getting another Cat Tree (Monte is VERY spoiled).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page