Home alone for the weekend - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2005, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Home alone for the weekend

Well, we went away this weekend and left Jimmy home alone as planned.
The poor little cat did not like that one bit
As soon as we got back in the building we could hear him yowling away from inside our flat. I hope he had not been doing this all weekend, or the neighbours might report us for cruelty!.
We have a little doormat *outside* our front door - he had managed to pull the entire mat into the hall under the door. Then he had rucked up the hall carpet behind the door so we had a job getting the door open.
Then we found that the timed feeder we had set for him had not worked properly, so he had only had 3 out of the 5 meals we had left for him.
So he was absolutely starving!
We gave him some food straight away, and he couldn't wait to get at it - he was purring all the time while gobbling it up! But as soon as one of us went out of the room, he would leave his food and trot after us. I didn't realise he loved us so much, as he's not usually very snuggly.
When we went to get our stuff out of the van, he followed us again, and kept running back and forth with every trip we made to the van - he didn't want to let us out of his sight.
Poor little Jimmy! He had been so good, though, and not left any nasty surprises for us to clear up - mark you, we did leave him 3 litter boxes and he used all of them!
Its the first time we have ever left him for 2 consecutive nights. Maybe he would have been better if the timer had worked properly - maybe I didn't wind it up enough. I'll have to try it out again to make sure.

seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2005, 09:27 AM

Yeah, I free feed dry so just leave them out a huge bowl of food (enough for probably double the days I am away), mine are usually OK and I get greeted with 'oh your back' hugs then a day of attitude for leaving them and then they are fine after that
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 12:42 AM
Premier Cat

Maybe Jimmy needs a brother or sister for companionship? Then he wouldnt miss you nearly as much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Home alone

Oh, I think he's too much of a spoilt only child for that.
Plus I don't think we've got room in the flat for another litter tray and all the other paraphernalia.
I'd love to have a kitten, though.

seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page