getting hurt?? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

getting hurt??

my two cats play hard and run so fast under the tables and hitting their backs on wood, should i be concern?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 02:57 PM

hmmm... thats a tough one... i don't htink so though. I mean, they are just playing, right? My cats do this too, and they are fine.

Nothing sharp around though, is there? Like sharp corners or edges?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

yeah, they're playing and chasing all over but they go under the side table where they barely fit with high speed and their backs grind on the bottom of the tables, if i was the one doing that i would have a scraped back, are they physically tough?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Cool Cat

If they are just playing, then they wouldn't do something over and over that hurts them (opposed to if they were being chased by a predator). Cats are smart. If something hurts them, they're not going to keep doing it. My boys do this all the time--diving under dressers, in between the couch and the wall where you wouldn't think they'd fit!!--but they are fine. Sometimes it may SOUND like they are scraping, but their fur helps protect them.

Unless you start seeing signs of a wound, I'd say No Worries!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 06:24 PM

Ditto on the no worries. HAHAHA, though, on hearing about the rambunctious bengals! Looking forward to hearing more antics. You do want to look around and cat-proof the place to prevent any accidents. Cover sharp corners with corner guards.

Sometimes when my cats are playing, they thud or whump so loud I get worried about injuries, but they seem just fine. My heart still stops for a sec when I see one of them sailing thru the air when they're doing a mad dash around the place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page