4 week old kitten doing good BUT... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

4 week old kitten doing good BUT...

i swear this kitten WILL NOT shut up!! She meows and meows nonstop even after she has been fed. We hold her, cuddle her, put her in the litter box, everything. I basically thing there is nothing that can replace the tit. Her mother ran away and I took this kitten because this lady was giving them away. She has been with me for a week, adjusted well to the pet milk and canned food. It's so sad because she tries to approach my 5 year old adult male neutered indoor cat and he hisses at her.
I am actually thinking of giving her away already. My friend who took the kitten's sibling will take her in and they can be together that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 11:45 PM
Cool Cat

It's just like a baby that was pulled from its mother's womb. She will eventually grow out of it but right now she's crying for her mother. That's so sad. I hope things work out for her.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 12:39 AM

Don't give up! It can take the older cat awhile to warm up to the new kitten!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Banned

If you and the kitten aren't bonded yet, maybe being with the sibling would be better, if you're sure it's a good home there. Some cats are just more vocal than other cats and chances are she will just be this way because it's part of her personality. Don't wait too long to decide though, then it will be harder for the both of you.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Cat Addict

I wouldn't put the older cat with the kitten yet...the kitten is too little to defend herself if the older cat tries to wrestle with her.

Don't give up on the kitten yet-- maybe you can keep the siblings together until they are a few weeks older? These babies are still...babies! They need to learn from each other, play together, etc.

I hope everything works out for you...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 02:23 AM

I agree...4 weeks is VERY young to be seperated from her siblings Even if you DO want to keep her, maybe you should see if you can let her live with her brother for a few more weeks, at least.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 05:42 AM

I suggested in your last thread that the orphan litter should definitely stay together until weaned. This is going to be a really hard time on the baby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page