Ouch...I have a sore head! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Ouch...I have a sore head!

I take Denzel (he's 6 months) to the park which is only on the next block from where I live, for a walk and play on the grass on his leash. There's never any problems, there's a small area on an enbankment before you get to into the park which is a bit secluded and if there's any dogs they're either inside or at the entrance which is at the other side of the park. He has THE BEST time chasing leaves and twigs, etc.

To and from the park I carry him so that cars dont scare him if they're loud. I stopped at the security gate at my units and saw a neighbour and spoke to them only about a minute or so and I have no idea where this greyhound/whippet dog came from, but it came around the corner faster than the speed of light and poor Denzel got such a fright - what does he do - he jumped on head, claws in my scalp and wouldn't let go. The dog didn't bark or do anything, he kept running down the street, he was interested in the cat at all.

Poor baby it wasn't his fault he got scared but now I've got stitches in my head and my head hurts

That was my adventure last night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 07:47 PM
Premier Cat

Oh, poor Denzel and poor you!! Hope your scalp heals quickly.
My cat before Velvet was scared silly of dogs, any dog. I was bringing her to the vet and carrying her in my arms (no carrier, not smart-I know) and a big German Shephard started barking at both of us. Clara, my cat, was petrified. Probably didn't help that I was scared too.
Anyway, get better soon!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Banned

I know he didn't intend to hurt you, but when instinct kicks in those claws pop out!! Ouch!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Exactly, they do what comes naturally to them so you can never blame them for something like this. Lucky I trimmed his nails on the weekend! Its just makes you think that if you do take them out anywhere you really have to be aware of everything thats going on around you.

He's OK, he got a terrible fright at the time but he was all snuggly and cuddled up with me in bed last night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page