Who has a cat on their lap? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-10-2005, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Who has a cat on their lap?

Every time I sit down at the computer, Pepper jumps up into my lamp. Then, she and Pumpkin takes turns sitting with me -- one hops up and pushes the other out of the way, or they wait for my lap to be unoccupied. Sometimes they want to be held or lie on my arm, making it hard to type...

Right now they are both sitting with me and have dozed off. So cute!!!

Anyone else's cats like to sit with them at the computer?

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-10-2005, 10:48 AM

On my lap, not so much. Korbel will usually sit on the monitor staring down at the screen. Calypso seems to like to sit on the keyboard while I'm trying to type.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-10-2005, 01:58 PM

The computer chair has become Sheba's chair. Ever since she adopted us (she was stray) you couldn't sit in the computer chair without her wanting to be on your lap. To be honest though, it doesn't matter if there is a lap to sit on or not, she is always on that chair. If I am sitting on it and don't have room for her to sit (book open or such) she will patiently wait, and if I stand up for just one second she steals the seat. And I admit, there have been times I have sat on the edge of the chair or stood not wanting to disturb her peaceful slumbers on her fav. chair! Boy does she have me trained!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-10-2005, 03:42 PM
Cat Addict

None of mine are really lap cats...they are usually on my desk, in the cat tree next to my desk, lounging in the window in my office, or sleeping under my chair. They are never more than 4 or 5 feet away, though, so I really can't complain.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-10-2005, 06:34 PM

My Female loves to sit on my lap whilst on the computer, but my two males are notorious for walking back and forth in front of the monitor and stopping dead smack bang in your veiw

When you try to shift them its like the have cement in ther legs so i normall end up peering through legs, round the rear and over ears to see what i am doing

Cats don't we just love 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-10-2005, 07:53 PM

Sash is a real lap boy, although he doesn't when I'm on the computer chair. I think he's too big. But as soon as I go and sit on the sofa he can't wait to jump up on me and have cuddle time.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 12:24 AM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
Do I EVER!!! Nya is the epitome(sp?) of a lap cat! Wanna see? I have tons of pics of her in my lap while I do my thing on the computer, but this is by far the cutest!

<--Julia

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 10:16 AM

They are usually all over me or my desk while i am on the computer. Bumps is usually on my lap, Boomer sits on the back of my chair with his paws and chin on my shoulder, Scully is usually by my feet and Magnum sits on a shelf above the file drawe on my desk!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 10:53 AM

Nya is so cute!!! Catbot is like many of yours in that she like to walk around on the desk and then when my husband gets up from it she gets in the chair. Oliver and Miss Kitty usually don't have much to do with the desk.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Cat Addict

Nya is fabulous! I'm so jealous!

My old boy used to be a lap hog (only on his own terms, don't dare try and pick him up or he'd tell you what he thought of that), but these three aren't quite so cuddly.

Sigh. Mimi used to be my little lovey girl when she still lived with my friends. Their young children would chase the kittens, and Mimi knew that when she was in my lap, she was safe. She would lay there for HOURS. Now that she's in a save environment, no can do. She doesn't need me anymore. *sniff*

Hee.

Lisa (and the three terrors)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page