FIP tore this mans heart by taking his beloved 6 month old b - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

FIP tore this mans heart by taking his beloved 6 month old b

this entry was written on a UK cat forum by me a few weeks ago...until this day i am still suffering from the loss of my beloved kitten...

hey guys, my name is victor paez a 19 year nursing student all the way up in brooklyn new york, my girlfriend and i are extreme cat fanatics, as of now we have 1 bengal female 1 year old, and have well had a 6 month old blue abyssinian male. our abyssinian's name was Titi pronounced like TEE TEE, well this cat at the first day i laid my eyes on him from this pet store around the corner of my house, he was different, there was a group of kittens in one cage and then he was isolated in this plastic cage by himself, we caught eye contact and he somewhat poked his tiny little paws out somewhat gesturing to me by saying "hey come here". from that day on, the kitten and i along with my girlfriend with our bengal fell inlove with eachother.he was so tiny and cute, he would follow me from one corner of the house to the other, he would normally position himself 3 inches away from me where'ever i stayed, he was a big cat stuck in a tiny little kittens body. he would always wake us up at the right time at the exact moment, and would always rub his face on ours to greet us good morning, his purr was poked at because it was the loudest well like a mini tug boat. i miss the way he would make his bed on my leg, or would always try to sneak behind me and jump and nibble on my neck, i miss the play times we had. this kitten was no animal to me, this kitten was no pet to me, this kitten was not something i bought from the pet store, this kitten is priceless, this kitten was my son. this kitten was one of my strongest drive to work harder and push myself just so i can support my girlfriend who is my future wife and the kitty's. now he's gone, seems like a big chunk was taken from me, i lost my buddy, i lost my son. i miss him so much, i miss the way he'd lay on the corner of our bed and would somewhat stand watch while we sleep, miss listening to his tiny little heart beat, i miss him period, his mother misses him and so does his sister. today i came home from the vet after pickin up his body all wrapped up and placed in a plastic container, and i couldnt help but leave it on a chair that is across from me when i sat on my bed, i couldnt help myself, i screamed and yelled for him to get up and stop playing and its time to wake up now, right now he is still in his case right next to me on the floor where he'd normally be if he was still alive, we're planning to cremate him soon. before this happened we've planned to buy another kitten which is a maine coon kitten which is gonna be 8 weeks old when he arrives here, 5 was our ideal number for our tiny little family, 5 was our goal, 5 was our lucky number, but now its only 4 or will be 4, we've agreed to purchase another blue abyssinian kitten when we're ready. god i miss him so much, im pouring out my heart to this forum, not knowing what the replies would be whether positive or negative. i love him RIP Titi 08/09/2004-03/23/05
this pain i carry in my chest will always stay with me till i die, people tell me to think of the happy times, but those would always lead me to tears and to worse, to severe depression. it has only been a day and a half, which longer than what it really was. i come to, to this forum to reach out to all the cat lovers out there, to express the love i had for this kitten, and for the pain i am and will alway's carry with me till the day i die. he was 6 months, it was not his time, i believe it was not his time. i love him and miss him so much. if its not a bother please please i beg you to go to my site and just look at his pictures, as for those was our extremely happy days. www.xanga.com/pnoisperception
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 12:11 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
That is so sad

Yes, there are kitten mills. Kittens from petstores are a bad idea
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

hey guys thanks for the support...buying kittys from a pet store are not in my interest anymore...as of now i have two lovely kittens being raised and will be ready for me to pickup from these two cattery's one located in jacksonville florida who breeds maine coon kittens and another one is located in new york which is about 45 minutes away drive from me who is a abyssinian breeder...here are some pics

well...if i knew how to post some pics then you would be able to see the beauty's...assistance anyone?[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemonkey
That is so sad

Yes, there are kitten mills. Kittens from petstores are a bad idea
That is a sad story

However not all pet store kittens are a bad idea. you just have to check very carefully!

A lot of pet stores in my area have adoption programs where rescue organizations will place rescued cats for adoption. They come with their first set of shots and vet visit and when you 'buy' the animal what you are paying for is actually their spay/neuter in advance and a follow up vet check up.

Ophelia was placed in a store by a group in my city called animal crusaders.

A cat and kittens my sister recently rescued were also put into pet stores after they had vet care and socialization.

So not all pet store animals are bad

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
Obviously, if the kitten is advertised as being from a shelter, that's an entirely different story. But those distinctions are very clearly made.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 09:11 PM

We have one place in town that does have puppy and kitten mill animals. It is very sad to see them.

And the other stores don't advertise that they are rescued animals, you have to ask to be told which is silly!!! So I am sure lots of people assume they are just normal pet store animals. I wish more people knew!!!

I wouldn't have gotten Ophelia if I hadn't found out she was from a rescue organization!! We can't imagine not having her now, of course
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page