Moving into new place! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
Moving into new place!

Well, soon we are We've just put an offer in for a flat of our own and it's all in the legal process at the moment how cool huh? It's a two bedroomed flat we are moving to, not much different from the one we live in now except - more windows!!! lol

Anyways, I was just wanting some opinions on how to handle the move with regards to Dylan.

so far I see it as two options:

Number 1 - I find a cattery for him for 24 hours whilst we move everything and start unpacking the majority of stuff. He wasn't keen on his last cattery experience and was out of sorts for about a week after... As some of you may remember the cattery I took him to last time fed him Iams dry free feed despite me telling them over the phone a detailed account of what he ate...

Number 2 - *somehow* try and keep Dylan shut in one room at old flat all day with his scratcher, food water litter tray etc until we finish moving everything else before moving him and his stuff last. OR move him into the "spare room" first and leave him to get settled in the one room before moving everything else...

I don't know what would be best He is a nosey so and so and would get into everything if he was running about whilst we unpack and the lil rascal has no morals - we tell him off if he isn't allowed to do something (ie he has a thing for tha bathroom bin) and he looks at us as if to say "How DARE you tell ME off?!" Also I am worried he'd get out with us to and fro with doors open...

Help!

Hayley x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 09:25 AM

I have always kept mine locked up with a litter box in one room while I move everything. They are usually the last thing to get "packed" and put in the car.

Then they are the first thing moved in. I once again put them in a room with at least the litter box.

I never open the door to the room they are in until I am done moving everything out or in. Then I don't have to worry about someone getting out.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 11:29 AM
Banned

I would keep him in a room at the old place (move all the stuff out of that room first) until you have a room ready for him at the new place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page