Two Stray Kittens (<1 year) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Two Stray Kittens (<1 year)

For several days now I've heard a cat meowing in the alley behind my bf's house. Today, my bf was heading out when he came running inside telling me he caught the cat who'd been meowing lately. He grabbed a bowl and some food and ran back outside to feed the poor thing.

So the kitten (who is adorable-a gray tabby with distinct white markings) is happily eating the food my bf provided. It wasn't scared at all-he was really friendly and everything. And then an all white cat came running to the food and started eating with the tabby.

My bf exclaimed that something was wrong with the white cat's feet. "They're huge" is what he said. Turn's out the white cat has 6-toes on both front feet~! He also said the white cat has bluish eyes.

Anyway. We have six cats living at home and as much as I'd love to take in more, we can't.

I do NOT want to bring them to a shelter (I've had bad experiences with them in the past).

What do I do? What can I do other than feed them every day?

They look to be less than a year old since they're smaller than my kittens (who were born in May last year). They're adorable. They're friendly.

Anyone in the Philadelphia area want to adopt two stray kittens?

I'm wondering if they've been dumped because the meowing didn't start till a week or so ago and obviously they're more than a week old.

What to do what to do? Please help. These kitties are adorable and are breaking my heart~! But at least spring is here and it's warm outside ...

~Z.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 03:18 PM

I think the best thing you could do is at least find some way/funds to get them neutered ASAP if they are not already done.

Other than that, I don't know. Is it possible they belong to someone in the area, and they have only just started going out?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 02:12 AM
Premier Cat

I agree with Emma.. they need to be nuetered. There has to be a variety of cat rescues in your area.. google it or call a Petsmart and see who does adoptions there and work with them. Keep us posted on these little guys situation. They wont be safe till they are off the streets. Good luck & bless you for caring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 09:31 AM

Is there a no kill shlter in your area? or is that where you had a bad experience?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Cat

All the no kill shelters are full and you have to wait months before they'll take in a cat.

My bf found someone (his friend) who's willing to take one of the kittens in. So it's just a matter of which one he catches first, I guess. I really wish he'd take in both of them, but I'm glad at least one of them will go to a good home.

I'll keep looking for a home for the second one (whichever one it may be). If not, I'll bribe my bf into letting me take it in to a vet for a check up/shots/fixing.

Poor things. We've been feeding them whenever we hear them meow (cuz that's when we know they're there). We think they decided to adopt our little alleyway because there's a little chain-fenced area they (cats) can get into, but dogs/kids/etc. can't.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 07:50 PM
Premier Cat

Convince your bf friend who is willing to adopt the kitten that it would be emotially better off with its companion!!! Which is true!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 07:54 PM

Yeah, try to convince the potential adopter to take both. That way they keep eachother company when the person isn't home.

When I got my cats, I had my heart set on a calico. I found my calico (Korbel) at a farm. The thing was there was this little grey tabby that would start to cry everytime you tried to take Korbel away from her. I ended up getting both!

Jennifer
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Well today my bf went out to feed the strays but only one showed up. It was the white one with the paws. (He took a picture of the kitten's paws -- it looked like it had a thumb~!)

Anyway, the white cat only ate a little bit and then left. My bf didn't see the gray tabby ... maybe tomorrow.

I will definitely have my bf try to convince his friend to take in both. Or I will search for someone willing to take in both ... The cats are so sweet and friendly and trusting! They'd make the perfect pets ...
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 11:31 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I so hope all works out well. I hope the other kitten shows up too. The best of luck to you!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Cat

*update*

Well the white kitten has a new home ... A few days ago my bf's friend and his gf went to the petstore and picked up kitty necessities ... and took the white kitten to his new home.

The guy loves the cat. Who wouldn't? The cat is affectionate ... playful ... trusting ... The gf saw my two girl kitties (Pixie and Cutie) and wanted to take one of them home instead (absolutely impossible they're my babies!) but I'm sure she'll learn to love the new addition to the family ...

I'm gonna miss the little guy. Whenever my bf came back home from being out it KNEW. Maybe it was the sound of my bf's car exhaust but it was there at the corner ... followed him purring and rubbing his legs wherever he went (almost tripping my bf many times in the process). He gobbled up food we left out for him like it was pure heaven (with our kitties watching jealously from the window).

Anway ... enough reminiscing ... My bf called them to see how the kitty was adjusting. They had just finished giving him a bath (the kitty was very VERY well behaved - my cats wouldn't have been happy at all) and is now sparkling white again like when we first saw him. They have their vet appointment to get the little one checked out ... We told them about shots and neutering and getting tested for feline leukemia ...

I hope the lil white kitty has a very happy life in his new home.

Here's to happy endings ...

PS. The gray and white kitten is MIA ... but a new kitten popped on the scene. Two actually. One is orange and white with a sweet lookin' face and the other I haven't seen yet. But my bf tells me it's VERY young. I'm guessing from what my bf told me about the size of the kitten that it's 1-2 months old. If we catch that one I think we might try to give it to a shelter since they can find homes for kittens fairly quickly (I hope) or try to find another friend willing to give the sweet bundle of fur a home ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page