Next, the can opener... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Next, the can opener...

So, when we open a can of cat food, we put it in a widemouthed glass canning jar because it takes us 4 days to use it up. We just use a standard canning lid with a ring to seal it.

Tuesday night, my husband fed Assumpta before we left for co-op. We were in a hurry, and apparently, he put the lid on the jar, but forgot to put the ring on and forgot to put the jar back in the refrigerator.

Well, Assumpta fans know what happened...we got home a couple of hours later to find the lid on the kitchen floor and extensive paw and tongue marks through the food. The cat was sitting on the counter, happily washing her paws and face with a very satisfied expression. She was VERY pleased with herself...no remorse at all. In fact, she was really flaunting her chop licking and washing-up, just to make sure that we knew she'd had a nice snack.

Later, when she came to sit on my lap, I spent fifteen minutes picking dried cat food out of the tabby stripes on top of her head.

My cat...she's a whacko and a food thief, but she's just so gosh-darned cute that I can't stay mad at her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 12:21 PM
Banned

And very clever. Those are the hardest to live with. A couple days ago I posted in a thread about wastebaskets that I used one with a spring-loaded latching lid. Well, naturally, yesterday Tommy figured out how to trip the latch and open the lid. So I had to go and and buy another one.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Assumpta has never quite made the connection. She sometimes steps on the lever (usually whilst climbing onto the counter, mind you!) and the lid flips open, but she hasn't quite figured out that she could open it at will. Every time it happens, she just jumps about a foot in the air and glares at the offending trash can...she thinks it's got something to do with vegetable peelings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 12:11 AM
Banned

Silly kitty . I guess she was hungry!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 02:50 PM

hahaha Assumpta just cracks me up! (of course it has a lot to do with your running commentary on what she must be thinking )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page