Boundary Cat Repellent? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Boundary Cat Repellent?

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_ ... 3583550662

Has anyone tried this? How safe is it? How effective is it?

I see it says hazardous if absorbed through the skin, which worries me. BUT, if it works like it should, the cat won't go near it.

The area I'm trying to keep him away from is the area behind the computer desk. Too many wires and nonsense which makes me very nervous when he is back there.
It's not hard for me to get back there and get him out ... But I'd like it better if he didn't get back there in the first place.

If this stuff is no good, is there anything anyone knows about that does work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Banned

That has to be applied daily, it's a liquid ... do you want to spray that there?

I'd suggest using a ssscat device: http://www.ssscat.com
more expensive, but it will do what you want to do.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 07:02 PM

I tried Boundary in the aeresol can and it didnt work for me. I bought it when Stix was younger so he would stay out of the dining room blinds and quit knawing at my door. Sprayed it on and around the area and it didnt work. Bitter apple spray (Petco, Petsmart) worked for the knawing at the door. I don't think any product can keep a cat out of blinds, plus it is a pretty large area to keep spraying every day. I figure since I live in an apartment I will just replace them before I move.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Banned

To address your concerns, all I can say is that the warnings on the can are only the usual heat/puncture/incinerate/well-ventilated warnings on any aerosol can. Basically, it's just a can full of propellant. It's identical to the electronics cleaning/duster spray cans you can buy at an office supply store. I really don't think the amount expelled in a single spray is enough to be concerned about. It should be dispersed quite well. (And anyway, when the thing goes off, the cat immediately vacates the area ) As far as being set off by ANY motion, yes, of course, it doesn't discriminate. Strategic placement is required. That's why I thought it would be suitable for placing behind your computer. I don't think it really works very well for kitchen countertops.

I'll tell you what I ended up using as cat deterrent behind computer and stereo rack: the fluid in a Glade plug-in refill applied to a cotton swab. The one cat that likes to chew on cords HATES the smell!!

Of course, it does give a certain "citrussy" smell to the room. And that creates the situation of a smell unpleasant to the cats in part of their living area.

The reason I discontinued the ssscat is because two of the three cats are only afraid of the spray; they didn't learn to associate the whistle and aren't afraid of it. So I'd have to keep buying expensive refills indefinitely.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 11:50 AM

What about getting all of your cords gathered together.
I have my cords gathered together like this.....

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Banned

I've got stuff spread out along a whole wall....that would never work.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 04:31 PM

Ya....I know that everyones set up is different.
I just have basic computer, printer...etc...

Worked perfect to keep cat and kids away!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page