Slim british shorthair girl - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
D&G

Slim british shorthair girl

Dear,

I've a pair of british shorthair, one boy and one girl, they're twin and 8 months. they've been desexed for a month. the boy growing healthy and active, but the girl's still slim. she eats okay but she gets her bubu outside of the bubu basin instead of inside.

I'm very worrying about her. Because I've a working colleague who just lost their little cat in sudden.

Appreciated if you may replying me. Or shall I take her to body checking??

Thanks and regards,

Happy cat make happy life....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Banned

You could try a litter box with high sides, so she can't stick her butt outside.

Welcome to the forum!!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
D&G

thank you....

thank you for your advice.
also, i worry abt the little girl not growing after her desexal operation?
any ideas?
regards,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 10:09 AM
Banned

That has no effect on growth.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 11:03 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
You may want to bring her back to the vet to see if she's a healthy weight. Girls tend to be smaller than boys (though that's not a rule, just a general comment) and she may just be growing at her own, slower pace.

You say she's eating... how much, what kind of food? How much does he eat in comparison?

Its better to have a cat that's a little on the skinny side than one that is overweight, so I wouldn't worry about her health being as much of a problem... just the fact that she doesn't seem to be growing. But also - remember that kittens grow in spurts sometimes. She may not be hitting hers at this time. Again, if you are really concerned, you could always bring her back to the vet.

Also - have you posted pictures anywhere? British Shorthairs are my FAVORITES

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
D&G

thanks a lots

btw, how should i post the picture here??
i can invite you seeing the pictures from my webshots.
cheers!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
D&G

can she eat corns?

dear,
i forget to mention that the little she loves eating sweat corns.... is that harm for her? (she steels and eats it)
cheers,
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 02:51 PM

Hello,
When we got our first kitten she was actuially very poorly which has affected her growth and left her smaller than she should be and quite Slim. We went to the vets and they said although she is smaller and thinner than she should be she is a healthy happy Kitten and there was nothing to worry about. She probably eats less than my other babies but the ammount she eats is ok for her duen to her size etc. So try not to worry too much, although you may want to take her to the vets if your very worried.

Also after my kitten Molly was spayed she was out of sorts for quite a while, not herself and not eating as much etc. But she is now fine and coming back to being her normal self. I think its just a lot for them to go through and there left feeling a bit odd. We also checked with the vets because she was so unlike herself and found out she had a little post opp infection. Not a bad one just one causing her to have a temperature and feel under the weather and in pain where she was opperated on. So theres a chance it ould be something like that? If so it cleared up easly with a week on meds and now she is a happy kitten and being a lot more herself.

I hope that helped and please know if you ever need any help or advice you can always pm me anytime and I promise to reply.

The kitten I was mentioning above is now about 9-10 months although on her growth chart she's only 5-6 months. But as I said she is happy and her name is Molly. I now have another kitten who's only 16 weeks old and a new one coming soon

Take care and good luck

Bobble
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 08:23 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
What is the website? I'm too lazy to instruct on posting pics

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
D&G

btw, how abt yours?

hi there,

I've invited you to see the photo album of D&G Ding Ding and Siu Gut.
You may see the photos are not taken by order, some youngest pictures at beginning and at the end.

Your Molly is lovely I can see her at your signature part. Pls let me know your email address I may able to share the photo album with you.

Btw, I want to know if your cats will bite you and still milking? the little she Ding ding is still milking and bites. The little He siu Gut likes climb up my back and legs. Just can't figure out how come they are so energic.

How about yours??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page