Slow delivery from PetFood Direct - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Slow delivery from PetFood Direct

First off, I'm not bashing petfood direct, but I placed an online order a month or so ago. Total was around $40-45 charged to my debit card. They QUICKLY took the money from my account, but waited about 5 days longer to process the order, THEN finally ship it out. It was nothing rare or hard to find...a Cat-It Hagen (sp?) fountain and some furry mice toys, and some replacement filters.

If I pay for something, I expect it to head out the door the next day and not take a whole week before processing. I emailed the company and they were nice about it. It seemed like when I complained (politely), they got in gear and sent the order. But nothing until I contacted them.

Is there a better company to deal with that has comparable prices?

The local PetCo is crap and doesn't have much (only place in town other than Walmart which has junk). 90% of PETCO's canned NUTRO food has expiration dates of Auguest or November 2004. They still have a LOT of it on the shelves for sale. In fact, they don't even have any newer dated kitten food at all.

Ticks me off....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Banned

A while back, I had very good luck dealing with petsmart dot com. I took advantage of web specials and their prices were pretty good. Shipping was fast as well.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
Is this the first time you've used petfooddirect.com? I've used it several times and have never had a problem... I usually get my order within 7 days of making the order unless I place it on a weekend or something, and even then I still get it soon.

It may have been the order itself, it may have been bad timing, I don't know... but I've been very happy with ordering from them.

Where do you live? I don't know why it would take so long to process in the first place, but it may have taken longer to ship because you live far away? It may have been the fountain itself was on backorder or something... I think I've only ordered food or treats, maybe a toy now and then.

As for other companies, can't help you there. Petfooddirect is pretty much the only one I order from. Well, Drs Foster and Smith might have what you're looking for, but I personally think they can be a bit pricey. its been a while though, I could be wrong.

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

I live in Arkansas...about 70 miles from Memphis,TN which is a huge distributing center for virtually anything. Lots of airports, train lines, and interstates, plus the Mississippi River are very close. The whole area is known as a national distributing center so I'm NOT in a remote area for sure.

I asked the CSR if anything in my order was on backorder and she said no. I just cannot make sense of their slowness. Prices were pretty good though.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 11:24 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via MSN to nocturne123
I've purchased from petfooddirect few times, and I've been very pleased with their service.

I tend to believe your order was delayed by mistake, and they found out when you called and tried to correct that right away. If you are not looking for pet food, I find www.kvvet.com very good, too. I do 95% of my shopping there.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 10:04 PM

I have the same problem with petfooddirect..........love the prices, but service is so slow! It takes 2 and a half weeks minimum for an order to get here! I have to make sure I stay on top of how much food the cats have or the order won't get here before they run out.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

I know exactly how you feel...it isn't right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page